ASSISTANT HEAD (SECONDARY)
Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee School, London
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 11 to Lead Practitioners range 15, £60,404 to £65,747|
Main purpose of the job
1. Carry out the duties of this post in line with the remit outlined in the current School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document including the conditions of employment for Assistant Head of Schools and the school’s own policy.
2. Under the overall direction of the Head of School play a major role:
* in formulating the aims, objectives of the schools and establishing the policies through which they are to be achieved
*be responsible for the standards and curriculum of pupils within the phase, including monitoring of progress towards achievement
*proactively manage staff and resources
3. Take on the responsibilities of the Head of School as agreed and appropriate in the absence of the Head of School.
4. Carry out the professional duties of a teacher as required.
5. Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
Essential educational requirements
1. Qualified teacher status or recognised equivalent.
2. Degree or equivalent
1. Evidence of further qualifications and training relating to SEN, including SLD and PMLD.
Essential skills and experience
Please refer to JD & PS for full details
1. A clear understanding of the essential qualities necessary for effective teaching and learning, with particular reference to children and young people with SLD and PMLD.
2. Thorough knowledge of statutory regulations and guidance relating to the post, including curriculum, assessment and teaching and learning.
Can demonstrate the ability to:
3. Review whole school systems to ensure the robust evaluation of school performance and to identify actions to secure improvements.
4. Take responsibility and be accountable for identified areas of leadership, including statistical analysis of progress data and target setting for individuals and pupil groups.
5. Be forward thinking, innovative, creative and focused on pupil outcomes.
6. Lead and manage a school team to successfully achieve agreed goals.
7. Communicate effectively to a wide range of different audiences (verbal, written, using ICT as appropriate).
1. Ongoing professional development
2. A highly skilled and motivated staff team.
3. Pupils who love to come to school.
4. Parents who value what the school offers.
5. A supportive Governing Board with valuable skills and expertise.
6. Employee Assistant Programme - free confidential support, information and advice for staff
7. Cycle schemeMore on how to apply
|School type||Special School|
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||75 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee School website (opens in a new window)|
About Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee School
Kennet Road, London, W9 3LG