looking to appoint an outstanding, dynamic Assistant Head Teacher or Additional
Vice Principal to the senior leadership team at Stansfield Academy. Our ideal
candidate will have excellent teamwork and communication skills, boundless
patience and resilience and the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference
with pupils who have a range of special educational needs. We are looking for
someone who embodies the Trust’s values; someone who has diverse experience, as
well as a passion for working with young people with additional needs.
This role is suitable for an
experienced senior leader, with demonstrable success of leading inclusive education. You
will have the ability to lead change and raise standards, alongside a desire to
create an outstanding educational
offer for pupils. The successful candidate will work supportively with the Principal and
Senior Leadership. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to lead
strategically on key areas in our drive for continuous improvement and we are
looking for applicants who have a proven record of accomplishment of success,
have a positive approach and are determined to make a difference to the lives
of our young people.
You will not work
alone. Wave Multi Academy Trust works as a collegiate team across the Southwest and as a result, there is the opportunity to work with peers in internal
professional networks as well as benefit from a supportive Executive Team who
are highly committed and dedicated to success.
conversations are welcomed and encouraged, for an informal conversation email Tessa Claridge, email@example.com
For a full list of duties, please see the job description.
Work for Wave:
What’s in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Services
- Professional Development & Training
- Salary depending on experience
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Free Will Writing Benefit
- Health & Wellbeing Champion
- Company sick pay dependent on service
- Free refreshments in workplace
Evidence shows that the values we embody empower young
people to succeed; these are the values we are looking for when we recruit new
staff or work with new stakeholders.
We value positivity, no
matter what the circumstances. It is our intention to stay constructive,
optimistic and confident both for and with our young people and their families.
We are kind, we have empathy.
We consider the consequences of our decisions, large and small on those around
We conduct ourselves in ways that earn the trust of those around
us. We respect each other and those
we work with.
AS ONE TEAM
We depend on teamwork
and the relationships we have. When we work together we are stronger. Together
we will achieve more.
Everybody is treated fairly and equally; no-one is marginalised or
left behind. We are inclusive, we
embrace the human spirit. We value diversity of people and thought.
Stansfield Academy is an Alternative Provision setting providing
full time education for children from 4-16 years of age.
Catchment includes Central Devon including Exeter, East
Devon and Mid Devon working closely with Devon County Council to ensure a swift
transition both into and out of the Academy to minimise the impact on pupil’s learning.
Wave Trust: What we believe and what we do
Wave are an established and successful Multi Academy Trust, comprising of Alternative Provision Academies (APAs), Medical Academies (including Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s child and adolescent mental health unit ‘Sowenna’) and 2 Special Academies (including one in pre-opening).
We provide education for vulnerable pupils aged 4 – 19 across Devon, Cornwall and we are expanding to Somerset with our special free school. The Trust has a national reputation for the delivery of outstanding pupil outcomes including enabling pupils to access the most appropriate education setting and transition to employment, training and higher or further education. The Trust educates over 1000 pupils and employs over 350 members of staff.
We Aim To
- Provide a balanced and broad curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- Give access to the National Curriculum; provide opportunities for external accreditation, and, for those pupils with specific learning difficulties, effective and personalised programmes.
- Ensure all pupils are supported to develop positive attitudes towards themselves and others. Promoting emotional well-being and self-esteem; helping our pupils to recognise their potential and work positively within their community.
- We will respect all pupils and encourage them to become active participants in their own learning, develop confidence, independence, self-esteem and express their needs and desires.
- Seek effective and positive working relationships with pupils’ families, schools and other agencies.
- Enable effective outcomes for our pupils.
Wave is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer
Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory
enhanced DBS check.