Are you passionate about challenging children to achieve their absolute best?
Would you like the opportunity to develop your teaching career?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint an Assistant Headteacher. We are looking for the right person to join a fast moving, successful school continually striving to improve. You will work in close partnership with the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
The successful candidate will:
• be an outstanding teacher
• be hardworking, committed, highly motivated and solution focused
• put the interests of pupils at Brackenhill at the heart of everything you do
• be committed to developing positive behaviour
• have high expectations
• be approachable and have excellent leadership and people management skills
• have the ability to communicate and get the best out of others
• drive school improvement
• have a proven track record of raising attainment in EYFS and/or KS1
• be willing to undertake further training
We can offer you:
• A happy school where our children are keen to learn
• Dedicated staff who are forward thinking, enthusiastic and committed
• A listening and responsive Governing Body and supportive school community
• A key role as a prominent member of the school’s leadership team
• A commitment to your continuing professional development and opportunities to work in partnership with other schools and organisations
Visits to the school are encouraged and you are invited on Thursday 7th November at 4.00pm. The Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher will be available to show you around school and answer any questions you may have.
Please ring the school and ask for Miss Wainwright if you want to attend.
Interested candidates can download the application pack by visiting the school website at : https://brackenhill.bradford.sch.uk/bradford/primary/brackenhill/site/pages/vacancies
alternatively, application packs are available by contacting Nair Ishtiaq on e-mail:
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com
Please note the school is closed for half term break from Friday 25th October to Monday 4th November 2019.
Brackenhill Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
All posts are subject to satisfactory vetting checks including an enhanced DBS check.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to lead, organise and motivate a team
• The ability to manage behaviour effectively and to work with pupils, their families and other professionals
• A commitment to curriculum development and enrichment
• The ability to implement assessment for learning
• Evidence of involvement of assessment, targeting, recording and reporting
• Effective time management / organisational skills to enable planning, prioritising and work to deadlines
• The ability to analyse to reach best possible outcomes
• Excellent written, oral skills
• Aware of educational developments
• Ability to coach and mentor
• An ability to use ICT effectively both to support children’s learning and to communicate and evaluate data
About Brackenhill Primary School
- Dracup Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD7 4HA
- LA Maintained School
- Brackenhill Primary School website (opens in a new window)