Early years, KS1, KS2, Primary
L6 - L10
Are you keen to take on a new challenge, and have a ‘positive can do attitude’ which will enhance our aspirational leadership team? Mossbrook School is a split site school which educates and cares for primary aged pupils who have a range of learning difficulties and disabilities including Autism. We are looking for an empathic practitioner who is up for working in a challenging, forward thinking school. We require an inspirational leader who has high expectations and standards and is an excellent classroom practitioner.
• Are you an excellent classroom practitioner and an effective leader?
• Do you have experience and expertise in the field of Autism?
• Do you remain resilient and positive when faced with challenges?
• Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of children and their families?
• Are you committed to providing an outstanding education for primary aged children?
• Do you want to work in a school where ‘pupils come first’ and are taught and cared for as the individuals they are?
If you answered yes to the above questions then you might be the person we are looking for and we might be the right school for you.
We can offer:
• Wonderful children who we learn from every day
• Supportive parents who have a strong sense of community
• A hard working, professional and supportive staff team
• A strong positive ethos and a school where everyone is valued and treated with respect
• The opportunity to undertake a range of professional development opportunities
• A committed and dedicated leadership team and Governing Body
You will be responsible for:
• Supporting the daily secure and smooth running of the school.
• The day to day running of a department within the school
• The leadership of a curriculum subject and team
• Modelling good practice throughout school by developing positive relationships with staff and children, supporting training and development and demonstrating high quality teaching
• The annual review process
• Assessment and data
• The mentoring of Newly Qualified Teachers and apprentices
• Students and volunteers
• The induction process for new members of staff
• Continuing Professional Development
• Transition of children to their secondary schools
• The day to day running of the school in the absence of the Headteacher and the Deputy Headteachers.
Applying for the job
Request an application pack by email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
134 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Mossbrook School
Mossbrook is a Local Authority maintained primary special school which caters for 136 children between the ages of 4 and 11 who have Autsim. All our pupils have a range of special educational needs.
There are currently fourteen class groups with between 8 and 14 children in each group with one teacher, and two or three teaching assistants per group. Most of our children have Autism Spectrum Disorder and Moderate or Severe Learning Difficulties.
Our pupils are not grouped according to their age but according to their ability and preferred learning styles. However, we try to ensure that there are no more than three year groups within each class.
Our more able children learn in groups of up to fourteen with a teacher and two teaching assistants. These children are our Adventurers. Our more sensory learners will be in classes of approximately eight children with a teacher and two or three teaching assistants. These children are our Explorers.
Communication is an area of increasing specialisation at Mossbrook. Makaton sign language and symbols are used, and we are constantly building up our equipment bank and expertise in this area. We have gained recognition for our work on PE when we were acknowledged as a Centre of Excellence by Yorkshire Sport.
We have over 100 members of staff including 19 teachers and 70 teaching assistants. All our classroom staff have received specialist training in meeting the needs of children with special educational needs, and have a wealth of experience.
Mossbrook is a purpose built single storey school set in lovely surroundings with grassy areas to all sides. We have a fenced off lake where our children get involved in a range of outdoor learning activities, a sensory garden and plenty of play areas. Outdoor learning is a key element of our curriculum and all our children are encouraged to explore their environment to enhance their learning.
In addition to the usual facilities you would expect at a school, we have some specialist areas. We have multi-sensory rooms where our children can control the environment with switches and foot pads, relax with calming music or be stimulated by lights. We have an indoor soft play area alongside one of our playgrounds and a variety of outdoor play equipment. We have a food technology room where children can work on practical activities to enhance their learning. In addition we have a lovely new library and a music room.
Arranging a visit to Mossbrook School
Visits can be arranged by calling 0114 2372768 or emailing email@example.com