- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Grade/SCP: Leadership Pay Range L8 – L12
Grade/SCP: Leadership Pay Range L8 – L12
Salary: £50,151 - £55,338
Hours: Full Time
Location: St Thomas More Catholic Voluntary Academy, Palace Fields, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 6AF
Start Date: January 2022
“Aspire not to have more but to be more”
The Trust Directors are seeking to appoint an inspirational, determined and committed Assistant Headteacher to this popular Catholic Secondary School from January 2022.
We would like someone who:
• values all children as individuals and ensures that all children are confident and able to achieve their full potential.
• can fully embed the principles of safeguarding.
• is an outstanding classroom practitioner, enjoys teaching and is keen to teach.
• knows about the principles of developing outstanding learning, teaching and assessment for all pupils.
• takes positive action to embed concepts of health and safety, welcome and inclusion within the school and wider community.
• can continually raise standards and expectations in our school and share the vision and achievements - be proud.
• can maintain a culture of excellence among staff and pupils alike.
• is a leader and innovator who encourages, enthuses and motivates the school community through excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We can offer you:
• a strong, caring school community.
• friendly, happy, enthusiastic and inspiring children who are always eager to learn.
• dedicated, supportive and hardworking staff who are fully committed to further raise standards.
• wide ranging CPD opportunities.
• a supportive, well-connected and highly innovative Trust with a network of 25 schools.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 450 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About St Thomas More Catholic Voluntary Academy
St Thomas More School is a mixed 11-16 Voluntary Catholic Academy with 430 pupils on roll, serving the four local Catholic parishes of St Anne’s Buxton, St Mary’s New Mills, Ss John Fisher and Thomas More in Chapel-en-le-Frith and the Sacred Heart in Whaley Bridge. The school also admits a number of children of other faiths and of no faith each year according to criteria established by the Diocese and Trust.
Relationships between home and school are very positive. Governors and parents are very supportive, and have very high expectations of the school. We trust our students to behave well and the atmosphere in the school reflects our high expectations of them in this respect. The parent satisfaction surveys over the years indicate 100% would recommend our school.
Our faith underpins the ethos of the school and visitors often comment on the warm calm Christian atmosphere apparent in the school. We work constantly to maintain this ethos by supporting our pupils and our staff in ways that allow them to develop positive relationships. Discipline in the school is based on gospel values that recognise each person’s individuality.
The Leadership team comprises of the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, Assistant Headteacher, SENDCo and the Business Manager. The Deputy Headteacher is responsible for the pastoral care of the students as well as being the safeguarding lead. The pastoral team comprises of the Deputy Headteacher, SENDCo, 2 Pastoral Managers and the Form Tutors. (The Head and SENDCo are also safeguarding leads within the school.)
Being part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust
On 1st September 2018, the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust, part of the Diocese of Nottingham, brought together 25 Catholic schools located in Derby City, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire and Stockport together in partnership, to ensure the very best spiritual, social and academic experiences and outcomes for the young people in our schools.
Everything we do is to better the lives and futures of our children, providing access to first- class teaching, both academically and spiritually and we are united by our collective vision to excel.
Why work for the St Ralph Sherwin Multi Academy Trust?
•Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
•Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 25 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
•Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
•Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
•Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
For more information about our Trust and our Academies, please visit www.srscmat.co.uk
Follow us on twitter @srscmat
Connect with us on linkedin.