£44,331 - £49,019 (Leadership scale 3-7)
Keldmarsh Primary School is looking for a hardworking and committed Assistant Headteacher to join the school following the retirement of the current post holder.The successful candidate will play a huge part in leading and evolving teaching, learning and continuous professional development to ensure it contributes to the success of the school as an outstanding provider of education.
We are looking for someone to join a senior leadership team that values and demonstrates resilience, consistency and an excellent work ethic. You will quickly establish your reputation both within and outside the school, providing a visible, credible and motivating presence. You will have the ability to inspire those around you with your passion, subject knowledge, team ethic and commitment to the highest standards. You will have the capacity to challenge, support and inspire with a positive attitude and sense of humour!
We are in an exciting phase of our development, planning an expansion programme to increase the size of our school in the coming years. The successful candidate will support the Headteacher and leadership team in taking the school on the next stage of our journey, ensuring the child is at the heart of everything we do.
For the right candidate we offer:
- An opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School
- A significant commitment to your professional development
- A school at the centre of the local community, with the opportunity to make a difference to
young people’s lives
The Governors of Keldmarsh Primary School require an Assistant Head who will:
- Be an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious school leader with a track record of success at
- Be a motivational and inspirational leader with high expectations of staff
- Communicate the school’s vision compellingly and support the Headteacher’s strategic
- Work with the school community to make a difference to the outcomes and well-being of the
children and other members of the school community
- Work with the leadership team to provide ethical and authentic leadership in the day to day
running of the school
- Be prepared to work beyond the school day when necessary
- Lead by example, providing consistently outstanding teaching and learning.
- Be committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of all children
Applying for the job
The Assistant Headteacher will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct.
Please note that the attached job description is illustrative of the general nature and level of responsibility of the role. It is not a comprehensive list of all tasks that the Assistant Headteacher will carry out. The post holder may be required to do other duties appropriate to the level of the role, as directed by the Headteacher.
Receipt of your completed form will not routinely be acknowledged and if you have not been contacted for an interview by 27th April 2021, your application will not, on this occasion, have been successful.
It is important to complete all parts of the application form, giving the names and addresses (including postcodes and email addresses) of two referees who have consented to provide a reference on your behalf.
To enable the shortlisting procedure to be fair and accurate, you should state how your skills and expertise meet the essential criteria of the post, as specified in the accompanying Person Specification.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.More on how to apply