L10 - L14, 52723 - 58135
Plymouth CAST is seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to who will embrace our ethos and join the Senior Leadership Team working across Notre Dame Plymouth and St Boniface’s College to lead on Teaching and Learning.
The successful applicant for this newly created post will:
• have proven leadership skills which inspire respect and commitment and evidence previous success in delivering transformational change
• have relevant experience of raising standards in Teaching and Learning and delivering improvements
• have the ability to lead others to achieve high standards of Teaching and Learning and develop excellence within their practice
• be a talented and skilled communicator who can adapt and respond positively to the changing educational environment
• be able to use data to monitor progress, set targets, raise standards and challenge performance
• be a passionate teacher who leads by example and is committed to high expectations
• ensure that every student is valued and supported to achieve the very best that they can
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
• Raising standards in Teaching & Learning and delivering improvements using both informal and formal processes for secondary schools in Plymouth CAST
• Line managing Faculty Leaders, driving improvements to maximising educational outcomes for all students and supporting professional development of leaders
• Leading and co-ordinating the delivery of our CPD programme for secondary school teaching staff
• Mentoring NQTs and ITTs, to include managing placements, facilitating and delivering of CPD ensuring statutory requirements are met e.g. NQT Induction
• Developing, implementing and delivering a new programme of learning and development for RQTs
• Leading teacher appraisal/performance management processes, to include deriving best value from the digital appraisal platform BlueSky across both schools
• Leading teacher Induction processes to successful onboard new teachers into both schools
• Establishing an ICT development group to maximise ICT integration into learning and across both schools and to drive digital improvements and maximise teaching and learning outcomes for students
Applying for the job
Please apply on TES.com
The schools' TES microsite can be found at:
Academy, Roman Catholic
728 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Notre Dame RC School
We are a Catholic girls secondary school. This post will work across our school and another secondary school in Plymouth CAST, St Boniface's College, an 11 - 16 boys secondary school.
Notre Dame School is
an optimistic school promoting Christian attitudes
a school where every person belongs
a school which values learning and high aspiration
a school which rises to challenges and celebrates achievement
Notre Dame educates the whole person: head, heart and hands
St Boniface’s College is a Roman Catholic Christian Community.
It is committed to striving for excellence in all its members through the delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum involving spiritual, moral, cultural, academic, social and physical education, delivered to the whole young person.
All teaching and learning is done within the teaching of the Catholic Faith.
Notre Dame is located in the north of Plymouth about 1.5 miles from St Boniface's College.
The schools are lead by Mrs Kate White, Executive Headteacher, and the successful candidate will join the joint Senior Leadership Team.
Please see the websites for both schools. We are jointly lead, but both schools are separate organisations with their own individual identities.
This is not a reserved post and you don't need to be a Catholic to apply. We ask all of our staff to support our ethos and feel comfortable working in a faith school.
Arranging a visit to Notre Dame RC School
Please contact 01752 775101 and ask to speak with HR to organise a digital pre-application meet. If government guidelines permit an on-site visit, this may be possible.
Please note the schools are closed from 12th February until 6pm on 22nd February and this email address is not monitored during this time. All enquiries received during this period will be responded to promptly on 23rd February