Assistant Headteacher (Teaching and Learning)
2 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
24 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
11 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Art and designjobs, View all Biologyjobs, View all Business studiesjobs, View all Chemistryjobs, Citizenship, View all Computingjobs, View all Design and technologyjobs, View all Dramajobs, View all Economicsjobs, View all Englishjobs, View all Food Technologyjobs, View all Frenchjobs, View all Geographyjobs, View all Germanjobs, View all Historyjobs, View all Humanitiesjobs, View all ICTjobs, View all Languagesjobs, View all Mathematicsjobs, View all Musicjobs, View all Physical educationjobs, View all Physicsjobs, View all Politicsjobs, View all Psychologyjobs, View all Religious educationjobs, View all Sciencejobs, View all Spanishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
Full-time equivalent salary
- Pay Scale - Leadership Group 14-18
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to appoint a confident and inspiring teacher to fulfil the role of Assistant Headteacher (Teaching and Learning).
Driven, self-motivated and passionate about learning, you will need the ability to effectively lead others at a senior level. Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills are required, and demonstrable outstanding teaching ability is a must.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Applicants must complete the application form (found on our website) and submit it to the school by no later than midday on the closing date of Friday 24th March 2023. Please be aware that we reserve the right to call for interview and appoint prior to the closing date.
All applicants are strongly advised to read the job description and person specification for the post prior to submitting their application.
Applications will be ranked against the person specification for the role.
All shortlisted applicants will be subject to:
1. A face to face interview;
2. Teaching observation; and
3. Recruitment tasks
What the school offers its staff
The successful candidate will be eligible for the following benefits upon commencement of employment:
• Auto-enrolment into a contributory pension scheme (TPS for teachers and LGPS for support staff)
• Free on-site parking
• Access to excellent catering facilities when the kitchen is operational
• CPD through internal and external providers
• Access to Occupational Health
• Eye care vouchers
• Free use of the sports facilities
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Southend High School for Boys
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1317 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Southend High School for Boys website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Southend High School for Boys (SHSB) is an ‘Outstanding’ school (Ofsted 2015), rated as outstanding against every one of the inspection criteria. It is one of four selective schools within the Borough of Southend. The main school, years 7 to 11, is single sex boys whilst the large sixth form is coeducational. It is situated thirty miles from London on the Thames Estuary and is close to main road and rail links from London, and to Chelmsford and Cambridge. SHSB has ‘an ethos of excellence in both academic achievement and a wide range of activities [that] permeates all aspects of the school’ (Ofsted 2015). At SHSB talent is nurtured, learning is valued, challenge is welcomed, participation is expected and achievement is prized. SHSB is not only a lively and stimulating institution, but also a welcoming community with an open and friendly approach.
Arranging a visit to Southend High School for Boys
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Deputy Headteacher - Curriculum & PPG
The Stanway School
Winstree Road, Colchester, Essex, CO3 0QA
Vice Principal (Curriculum, Teaching, Learning & Assessment)
Settle Road, Romford, Essex, RM3 9XR
Vice Principal for Teaching & Learning
Harris Academy Riverside
London Road, Purfleet, Essex, RM19 1QY
St Augustine Academy
Oakwood Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8AE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Southend On Sea and Essex, Southend and Thurrock