- Job role
- Key stage
- Early years
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- L1 - L5
Hexthorpe Primary Academy has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Principal (EYFS) to join their team!
As our Assistant Principal (EYFS) , you will be:
• Take strategic responsibility and provide a clear rationale for the academy’s behaviour-for-learning ethos, working alongside the senior leadership team;
• Draw on experience and up-to-date knowledge of current debates and discourse in education to strengthen further the academy’s pastoral and behaviour systems;
• Encourage, maintain and ensure high standards of pupil behaviour;
• Draw upon a variety of data to make informed decisions that best supports pupils’ progress;
We are looking for individuals who have:
• Ability to work strategically, shaping the future and securing the learning outcomes of the vision
• Held a middle leadership position and have demonstrable impact in that role
• Track record of teaching EYFS with evidence of consistently Good/Outstanding practice
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to relate well to all with emotional intelligence, tact and diplomacy
Astrea Academy Trust are fully committed to being diverse and inclusive workforce where together we can embrace each other’s unique individuality, background and heritage. We are a ‘Disability Confident Employer’ and all our application forms hide your personal information so we can focus solely on your experience, skills and qualities.
We believe that by reflecting and representing the communities and people we serve, we will better and further the life chances of our pupils.
In return, we can offer you:
• 28 days annual leave entitlement (excluding Bank Holidays) from your first day, rising to 31 after 5 year’s continuous service
• Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
• Flexible working opportunities from your first day
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Continued professional development and training opportunities
• Free on-site parking
Interested in applying?
If this is something you’re interested in, looking for a new challenge, have a passion for education or maybe all of the above, take a look at the Applicant Brief to find out more about the role to apply.
Applying for the job
Please apply via Astrea Academy Trust website More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 403 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Hexthorpe Primary School
Hexthorpe Primary school is a very large and expanding school situated in the village of Hexthorpe, close to Balby and Doncaster town centre. We are hardworking team who are committed to promoting high achievement across the curriculum and school. Hexthorpe is a well-resourced environment, with staff who are good humoured, industrious, highly skilled and enthusiastic.
Arranging a visit to Hexthorpe Primary School
Please contact the school directly to arrange a visit