Leadership, SEN specialist
LPS L6-L10 (£47,733 - £52,721 per annum
Full time, permanent (3 days per week based at Merchants’ Academy Primary and 2 days per week at Venturers’ Academy) starting in April 2021.
LPS L6-L10 (£47,733 - £52,721 per annum) + Health Cash Plan and Benefits package
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Principal who is highly ambitious for students, a strategic thinker who is committed to raising standards and has significant evidence of impact on students’ progress. This post will involve working across Merchants’ Academy Primary and Venturers’ Academy.
You will be joining a vibrant staff and work in an exceptional environment with brand new state of the art schools on a shared site. Leadership is fundamental to our professional learning programme. We value ambition in all staff and provide opportunities for growth and as a result many of our staff have gained further promotion and responsibility. This is an exciting time to join us and make your impact at senior leadership.
The roles and responsibilities of the Academy Leadership Team evolve and change.
Candidates for this post should be:
• inspiring and able to motivate and challenge students to make rapid progress.
• able to establish strong relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills.
• bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards.
• Effective at networking and building community and business links.
In addition, candidates should have the following leadership qualities:
• Strong leadership skills through which you are able to inspire and develop a team.
• Recent and relevant knowledge of different curriculum developments.
• An understanding of national developments within education.
• Possess drive and enthusiasm through which you can work as part of the senior leadership teams across both schools in developing the SEND and pastoral provision.
In return we can offer you:
• A genuine opportunity to make a difference where it is needed.
• Well-resourced classrooms, necessary IT equipment and structured administrative support.
• A fantastic community of children, parents and carers who deserve the best.
• To join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Induction Incentive plus others.
Closing date: Thursday 4th February 2021 at 9.00. Interviews: 9th and 10th February 2021
Merchants’ Academy and Venturers’ Academy are part of Venturers Trust and are committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.
Health Cash Plan and Benefits packageMore on how to apply
Primary, Secondary, 16-19
1165 pupils enrolled
3 to 18
About Merchants' Academy
Merchants’ Academy provides a unique opportunity for students in Bristol to join a school from Reception through to the age of 18. In addition to those who progress into the Secondary from our own Primary, we welcome students every year from many primary schools across the city and whilst students from our primary have an understanding of our vision and ethos, the pastoral team work with all incoming students to ensure that there is a clarity for all with respect to both our expectations and our vision.
Samantha Williamson, Principal
At Merchant’s Academy Primary we take very seriously the fact that our children only get one chance at an excellent education. We are incredibly ambitious for all our children and want them to be successful in their career both at primary and beyond. At the root of our success is the school’s exceptionally caring and inclusive ethos and sheer determination to put pupils’ happiness and safety first
Stuart Woodburn, Head of Primary
Merchants’ Academy has a distinctive and positive ethos which guides our work and the education of our students. Preparation for adult life underpins our Academy aims and the well-developed culture which is established across all aspects and functions of the Academy. We are committed to the success of each of our students whatever stage they are at in their education and this is reflected through the Academy's values and commitment to:
• provide high quality education and a thirst for life-long learning
• enable everyone to enjoy success and achievement
• promote confidence and a strong sense of personal worth
• have high expectations which will be reflected in the targets set for staff and students alike
• harness the energies of children, students, staff and parents to establish a genuine partnership with the Academy for the benefit of all
• establish a business-like ethos by beliefs in values and attitudes such as hard work, honesty, integrity, respect and concern for others
• provide quality opportunities for the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our children and young people
• ensure that the effectiveness of all Academy staff is maintained and developed through considerable investment in high quality, continuous professional learning
This is demonstrated through constant reference to our BRISTOL Values of:
Boldness: Aim high, show courage and hope to push against any barriers
Respect: Be considerate and respect the rights of others
Integrity: If it’s not right, do not do it. If it’s not true, don’t say it
Service: We have a responsibility to the future and each other
Tenacity: Tough times don’t last, strong people do
Optimism: No pessimist discovered the secret of the starts or uncharted land
Learning: A commitment to lifelong development unlocks your full potential