- Visas cannot be sponsored
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- Fixed term - Fixed Term in line with the length of your course
Full-time equivalent salary
- Teaching Assistant Range FTE £19,313 - £26,913/ Sports Coach Range FTE £26,080 - £31,731
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS FOR SCHOOLS ACROSS OUR TRUST.
We are delighted to share a new venture between our Trust, the University of
Buckingham and Anspear, offering our current employees an opportunity to access
a degree course that can be studied alongside your current paid role.
- Please be aware that this role can only be worked in the UK from the
location(s) provided and not from overseas.
- For this role the Trust would not consider sponsoring a Certificate of
Sponsorship/visa. Please note we are unable to offer advice on any Visa
and Immigration cases.
Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant (or Learning Support Assistant)
or Sports Coach?
- Do you want to become a teacher and inspire young minds, helping to shape
- Do you have the determination to learn, develop and push yourself alongside
your current work?
Have one of the following qualifications (or similar, equivalent to, or higher
than): a)L3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in School / Teaching Assistant
Standard or significant and relevant experience or b) L3 / L4 Sports Coach
- Not have a university degree already
- Ideally have A*-C/levels 9-4 in GCSE (or equivalent) for English, maths and
- Ideally have 2 A-levels or equivalent.
- Pass an interview with the Learning Provider, following the Trust confirming
- Be determined and organised.
- Be proactive, use initiative and take personal responsibility for all your
- Commit to completing a 25 hour online introduction to University study
course, as well as the course itself over 3 years and the following 12 + 3
months course leading to QTS.
- Wish to stay with the Trust as a teacher after successfully completing the
The BA (Hons) in Primary Education can be studied mainly online and makes full
use of your experience and reflections by integrating degree learning and
assessment with your everyday practice. You can work in a paid role with the Trust,
and complete your studies alongside in your own time.
The course costs £4,000 per year for 3 years, and the full £12,000 can be initially
funded by you through a student loan if needed. This is payable in instalments after
you finish your studies and begin earning above the threshold (further details
available). This represents a substantial saving of more than £15,000 compared to
‘traditional’ routes through Universities.
Following successful completion of the 3 year course, you will continue onto the 12
month course leading to Qualified Teacher Status and finish with a 3 month End
Point Assessment. The course and EPA is funded by the Trust.
Graduates would be able to begin teaching following the achievement of QTS and
at which point, we would love to consider you for a teaching role with the Trust.
If you would be interested in exploring this opportunity please view our candidate
booklet available on our website
All employees of the Trust are deemed to be in regulated activity with children and as such, all offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and for this role, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed amongst other checks as appropriate.
All shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a declaration regarding offences and have references requested (unless agreed otherwise), prior to the interview.
This job post has expired.