BA (Hons) Primary Education - TA or Sports Coach
4 days remaining to apply
Start date details
24 March 2023 at 9am
13 February 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Sports Coach: Full time roles available
- View all Part timejobs - Teaching Assistant: Part time roles available, school hours, term time
- Fixed term - Fixed Term in line with the length of your course
Full-time equivalent salary
- Teaching Assistant Range FTE £19,313 - £26,913/ Sports Coach Range FTE £26,080 - £31,731
What skills and experience we're looking for
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS FOR SCHOOLS ACROSS OUR TRUST.
- Please be aware that this role can only be worked in the UK from the location(s) provided and not from overseas.
- For this role the Trust would not consider sponsoring a Certificate of Sponsorship/visa. Please note we are unable to offer advice on any Visa and Immigration cases.
- Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant (or Learning Support Assistant) or Sports Coach?
- Do you want to become a teacher and inspire young minds, helping to shape their futures?
- Do you have the determination to learn, develop and push yourself alongside
your current work?
- Have one of the following qualifications (or similar, equivalent to, or higher than): a)L3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in School / Teaching Assistant Standard or significant and relevant experience or b) L3 / L4 Sports Coach
- Not have a university degree already
- Ideally have A*-C/levels 9-4 in GCSE (or equivalent) for English, maths and science.
- Ideally have 2 A-levels or equivalent.
- Pass an interview with the Learning Provider, following the Trust confirming your employment.
- Be determined and organised.
- Be proactive, use initiative and take personal responsibility for all your coursework.
- Commit to completing a 25 hour online introduction to University study course, as well as the course itself over 3 years and the following 12 + 3 months course leading to QTS.
- Wish to stay with the Trust as a teacher after successfully completing the
What the school offers its staff
The BA (Hons) in Primary Education can be studied mainly online and makes full use of your experience and reflections by integrating degree learning and assessment with your everyday practice. You can work in a paid role with the Trust, and complete your studies alongside in your own time. The course costs £4,000 per year for 3 years, and the full £12,000 can be initially funded by you through a student loan if needed. This is payable in instalments after you finish your studies and begin earning above the threshold (further details available). This represents a substantial saving of more than £15,000 compared to ‘traditional’ routes through Universities.
Following successful completion of the 3 year course, you will continue onto the 12 month course leading to Qualified Teacher Status and finish with a 3 month End Point Assessment. The course and EPA is funded by the Trust.
Graduates would be able to begin teaching following the achievement of QTS and at which point, we would love to consider you for a teaching role with the Trust.
If you would be interested in exploring this opportunity please view our candidate booklet available on our website
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Cheam Common Junior Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 483 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Cheam Common Junior Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Cheam Common Junior Academy is one of 7 schools that make up LEO Academy Trust. Located in Worcester Park, Cheam Common Juniors is a four form junior school. The academy was inspected by Ofsted in September 2018 and was found to be good in all categories, with outstanding leadership. The inspectors found that "Pupils’ attainment at the end of key stage 2 is significantly above the national average. Nearly all pupils meet the expected standards in reading, writing and mathematics. A well above average proportion of pupils attain the higher or greater depth standard."
Similar jobs nearby
Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane
Philip Lane, London, N15 4AB
Teaching Assistant 15 - 30 hours per week
Earlswood Infant and Nursery School
St John's Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 6DZ
Teaching Assistant - 3 days (Mon-Wed)
Oasis Academy Pinewood
Thistledene Avenue, Romford, Essex, RM5 2TX
Earlswood Junior School
Brambletye Park Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 6JX
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Surrey