Behaviour Specialist Teaching Assistant
Behaviour Specialist Teaching Assistant
Job term: Term Time Only
Appointment type: Temporary to August 2020
Hours: 12 hours per week plus 2 training days, term time only
Salary: Grade 6
Vacancy location: Toll Bar Primary School
Organisation: Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council
Required for October 2019
The Headteacher and Governors of Toll Bar Primary School wish to appoint a hardworking and experienced dedicated Behaviour Specialist Teaching Assistant to join our team.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in supporting children 1:1 or in small groups through interventions alongside the Inclusion Manager and Class Teacher. To support a child with emotional and behaviour needs in KS2.
Relevant experience is required as well as a good standard of English, Mathematics and ICT skills. Experience of intervention work and SEN would be desirable.
We are looking for a Behaviour Specialist Teaching Assistant who can:-
• Relate well to children
• Inspire children with a love of learning
• Demonstrate a shared commitment to raising standards
• Knowledge and experience in the SEN provision
• Have experience supporting children with learning difficulties or disabilities
• Be a team player with the ability to also work individually using their own initiative
• Be committed to inclusion and equality of opportunity
• Have high expectations of themselves and others
• Be an enthusiastic team member
• Be flexible to the needs of the school.
We can offer:
• A friendly, supportive and hardworking team of staff who are willing to share expertise and learn from one another
• A curriculum that is relevant to the interests and needs of our children and encourages learning through play
• Excellent support
• Professional Development opportunities appropriate to the role
• An environment where a sense of fun is encouraged
Please refer to the job description and person specification. If you are interested in the post, applications should be made using the application form available at the top right of the screen and returned by email or past directly to the school. The school email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to find out more, please telephone the school on 01302 874324.
Closing date: 1st October 2019 at 9.00 am
Toll Bar Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Checks with past employers will be made for all shortlisted candidates.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Essential educational requirements
Previous experience working with children of primary school age.
Good numeracy, literacy and ICT skills
Basic understanding of child development and learning.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of safeguarding and Child Protection procedures
Recent relevant experience and Support working with Y5 & Y6.
Ability to relate well to children and adults.
A calm, pleasant and sympathetic manner.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Ability to be organised
Willingness and ability to obtain and/or enhance qualifications and training for development in the post.
GCSE English and Maths of at least grade C, or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
At least 3 GCSE
DfES Teacher Assistant Induction course.
NVQ Level 2 or better/equivalent relevant qualification.
First Aid Certificate
Working with a pupil with behavioural difficulties
Using ICT to support learning
Experience of working with children with special needs and/or in a school environment
General knowledge and understanding of current KS2 curriculum and other basic learning programmes.
Knowledge of Health and Safety
Knowledge of general school policies and procedures.
Excellent knowledge of the Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling curriculum
To seek learning opportunities.
An ability to demonstrate flair and energy when working with children.
An ability to self-evaluate own practice and learning needs.
About Toll Bar Primary School
For more information go to: www.tollbar.doncaster.sch.uk
- Askern Road, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN5 0QR
- LA Maintained School
- Toll Bar Primary School website (opens in a new window)