Bere Alston Primary Academy is a lovely village primary school situated just 6 miles from the picturesque town of Tavistock, on the very edge of Dartmoor National Park. It is surrounded by some of the most beautiful countryside in Britain, whilst just 30 minutes from Plymouth and Okehampton.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work with children with SEND for 27.5 hpw, term time only. Flexibility of hours could be considered.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated individual to work alongside the class teacher across all areas of the curriculum.
- To deliver targeted interventions.
- To promote inclusion through the development of social skills, language and emotional well-being.
- To work under the direction of the class teacher and liaise with other professionals both within and outside the school.
- You will be expected to show a high degree of initiative and be able to react to given situations with integrity and compassion.
- experience in working with children with SEND and 1:1
- experience supporting intimate care
- experience supporting children with language delay and social communication difficulties
- experience supporting children with behavioural difficulties
There is an element of Mealtime Assistant cover within this role.
By being part of First Federation Trust, Bere Alston employees benefit from extended networking and school to school support, access to the local government pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, and a health benefits package..
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced DBS disclosure. Our Child Protection policy can be found on the school's website www.berealston.devon.sch.uk. All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
This job post has expired.