We are seeking someone who:
- Is passionate about sharing their knowledge and love of Science with our pupils
- Employs a creative approach to developing lessons and collaborates effectively with colleagues
- Has strong communication skills and is keen to embrace new technology
Achieving outstanding outcomes, and inspiring the next generation of life-scientists, our Biology Department is an exceptional place to work.With well over one hundred, bright, engaged, and motivated A-level students, many of whom go on to study Biology, Medicine, and Dentistry, this is a very rare, and exciting opening at our school.
Sutton Grammar is highly successful, with a focus on academic outcomes, pastoral care, and participation for all.We have a strong background of innovation within the Science faculty and are now looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher of Biology to contribute to every facet of the department’s work.
With a track record of outstanding GCSE and A-Level results, thedepartment is a small team of full and part time staff. You will be joining a supportive and energetic group of capable teachers who work hard to provide a rich curricular and extra-curricular experience for theirstudents.
At Sutton Grammar School we offer:
- The opportunity to work with bright, perceptive and ambition young people
- First class pastoral care with a clear focus on the wellbeing of students and staff alike
- Science specialist teaching from years 7 to 13
- A well established, successful and encouraging Biology Department and wider School Common Room
- A well-resourced Science Faculty
- A broad range of Science enrichment projects and activities in wider school with which to get involved.
Sutton Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Sutton Grammar School is an equal opportunities employer.
This job post has expired.