We are a group of schools based in East Bournemouth catering for students age 4-18 across our four schools. Avonwood Primary School is a standalone primary facility based next door to our Avonbourne Boys’ and Girls’ Academies where students share a campus and are taught in predominantly single sex classes. When students reach our United Sixth Form, mixed classes are reinstated. We believe this diamond model of education recognises that as boys and girls reach their teenage years, they approach their learning differently allowing us to get the most out of every student.
The Academies advocate a coaching culture, where teachers develop as reflective practitioners, utilising shared best practice and evidence based teaching and learning initiatives. In-house CPD is extensive and high quality, with professional learning communities utilising local university support, to carry out action research in cross-faculty groups.
Pastoral care is superb, with a highly trained team that are morally driven and extremely effective. We encourage students to develop their skills through the provision of educational opportunities which enable young minds to play a part in creating a future which has opportunities for all and encourages aspiration and determination.
About the role
We are looking to appoint a professional and hardworking individual to join our busy site team. You will play an important role in the day to day running of the schools ensuring the academy sites are well maintained, compliant and secure.
The working hours are 7.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday, 11am - 7pm with a 30-minute unpaid break, however this will also need to be flexible around the needs of the school.
This role will include the locking up part of the schools.
The main duties will include:
- key holding, security and general maintenance,
- general maintenance of furniture, fixtures and including heating, ventilation, extraction & legionella control systems,
- completion of helpdesk repair or support requests promptly,
- portage duties, to ensure delivery of stock, stationery, supplies and equipment to the correct place within the site as well as removal & set up of furniture, as required.
- undertaking minor electrical & plumbing repairs,
- ensuring all amenities are available & in working order for school lettings.
We are looking ideally for a candidate with the below attributes; however, training will be provided for the right candidate.
- have experience of site maintenance
- take great pride in their work
- pay attention to detail
- be flexible and ideally available at short notice to provide cover for other shifts in the case of other staff absence.
- be Health & Safety aware to ensure that the school is safe for our children, families, and staff
- be able to identify issues and use initiative to improve and raise standards
- relish the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment
We can offer you:
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- over 250 employee exclusive benefits through our partners, Perkbox, including access to discounted cinema tickets, holidays and gym memberships, car leasing and Cycle2work schemes
- access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- occupational sick pay, protecting you and your family
- continuous Professional Development options that will be tailored to your needs
- competitive maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
United Learning are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor a VISA application for this particular role as it is not one of the shortage occupations listed on the UK Governments website at this current time.
Note – We reserve the right to interview and offer to a strong candidate prior to the closing date. It is strongly recommended that candidates submit their application as soon as possible. No further applications will be accepted once closed.
For more information
To apply, please complete the online application form.
For more information about this role please contact:
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 29th January 2023
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.