- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Part time
This is a zero-hours casual contract.
- Contract type
- Grade 5 Points 13 - 16
We are looking for an innovative, inspirational Cover Supervisor who puts the welfare and progress of children at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our students in reaching their full potential.
The staff at Avanti Park School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students. This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Educational excellence
• Character formation
• Spiritual insight
What will you do?
• Be the first to cover lessons for absent teachers as required.
• To facilitate and encourage learning which helps all students achieve their potential.
• To work with colleagues to support high standards of behaviour and attainment.
• To implement school policies and procedures, for Climate for Learning, registration, health and safety etc.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
What are we looking for?
• Attention to detail/ability to enter data accurately;
• Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
• Ability to cope with periods of pressure and prioritise workload accordingly so that deadlines are met;
• A “team player”;
• Ability to work unaided;
• Willing to undergo continual professional training;
• Discrete and experience of handling confidential data;
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
Why should you apply?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
• Local Government pension scheme
• Development opportunities
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Applying for the job
Application forms can be downloaded at www.avanti.org.uk/careers and must be submitted by the closing date above to firstname.lastname@example.org once fully completed. The successful candidate will be required to sign the application declaration on appointment.More on how to apply (opens in new tab)