ADVERT: CLASS TEACHER
Post: Class Teacher
Salary range: Main Pay
Contract type: Temporary
with the possibility of becoming permanent from September 2023
Start Date: 31st
October 2022 or 3rd January 2023
Primary School is looking to appoint a part-time, dynamic and enthusiastic
teacher to teach in Key stage 2.
is a village school is within a rural community, on the outskirts of Chard,
surrounded by beautiful countryside.
addition to carrying out the professional duties laid down in the school
Teacher’s Pay and Conditions Document, the successful applicant will be an
enthusiastic, self-motivated, outstanding teacher, and have the ability to
teach subjects across the primary curriculum.
- A supportive, experienced and committed leadership team
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive community
- Enthusiastic learners
- A creative and innovative curriculum
- To teach a class of children, following our new ambitious curriculum
promote inclusion through the development of social skills, language and
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations by building on prior
attainment, knowledge and skills
- Assess and keep records of progress to inform planning and recognise the
level at which pupils are achieving and adapt teaching accordingly
- Provide a stimulating classroom environment, which follows the teaching
ethos of the school
- Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Promote the school’s focus on behaviours for learning amongst the pupils
and in accordance with the school’s behaviour policy
- Communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies as
- To be part of a
team to plan, prepare and evaluate aspects of the specific subject or year
- Providing pastoral
care and support to children and providing them with a secure environment in
which to learn
- Observing, assessing
and recording each child's progress and preparing reports for external agencies
- Attending in-service
- To play a full part
in the life of the school community, and support its distinct ethos
- To follow and
actively promote the school’s policies and procedures
- To comply with
health and safety policy and undertake risk assessments as appropriate.
note that this is illustrative of the general nature and level of
responsibility of the work to be undertaken, commensurate with the grade. It is
not a comprehensive list of all tasks that the postholder will carry out.
job description may be amended at any time in consultation with the postholder.
Application packs and further information packs can be downloaded from the school website or by contacting Mrs Kellaway 01460 220565 or at email@example.com Please note CVs will not be accepted without an application form.