7 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
12 June 2023 at 9am
24 May 2023
- Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time
- Fixed term - Until 31 August 2024
- M1 to M6
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Have the ability to identify and deliver outstanding teaching and learning.
- Have an inclusive ethos and a good understanding of inclusion policy and practice.
- Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
What the school offers its staff
In return we offer:
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, professional staff team that are driven towards continuously raising standards.
- Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
- Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust The opportunity to be innovative in supporting school improvement and to make a real difference to the lives of Pear Tree Community Junior School pupils.
- A friendly, hardworking and professional team which has high expectations of pupils.
Further details about the role
Pear Tree Community Junior School is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development.
This position has become available due to a school based initiative to support and improve attainment within a specific cohort.
Pear Tree Community Junior School is in the heart of a vibrant, diverse and culturally rich community. The school has built an excellent reputation across Derby for its commitment to providing the best education for all its children and supporting the community to grow. The school’s values of Trust, Care and Grow are lived out on daily basis ensuring the school, its staff and its pupils flourish.
Over the past 5 years, Pear Tree Community Junior School has been on a rapid journey of improvement and received a Good in all areas in their most recent Ofsted inspection (Nov 2022) The inspection report states:
‘This school is a Transformed school’ Leaders have worked tirelessly to improve the school…Staff and parents agree that Pear Tree is unrecognisable from the school it was in the past.’
The report highlighted many of the school strengths including:
- Leaders have created a culture where pupils are deeply cared for
- Leaders have created a positive working environment for pupils and staff.
- Staff are highly ambitious for all pupils and want them to succeed both academically and socially.
- Pupils are safe and happy at school.
- Pupils behave well in lessons and around the school.
- There are high expectations of what pupils can achieve.
- Classrooms are calm places where pupils can learn successfully.
Closing date for applications: Monday 12th June at 9am
Interview date: tbc
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Pear Tree Community Junior School
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 358 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01332 760610
Arranging a visit to Pear Tree Community Junior School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Captains Close Primary School
Saxelby Road, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE14 3TU
Bluecoat Primary Academy
Harvey Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 3BB
Horninglow Primary: A de Ferrers Trust Academy
Horninglow Road North, Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 0SW
Berry Hill Primary School
Black Scotch Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 4JW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Derby and Derbyshire and Derby