Passionate about inspiring young people? Join us in inspiring the lively little learners at Harris Primary Academy Benson as a Class Teacher.
Our dedicated team provides a supportive network both onsite as well as support across the Federation to ensure all our staff feel encouraged to do their best. You will be part of a community of dedicated, friendly staff standing by and upholding its mission in creating and maintaining a supportive and thriving learning environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree
- Successful experience of teaching the primary curriculum
- Good understanding of current theory and best practice in teaching and learning, particularly as it relates to achieving high rates of progress of children of primary age
- Good subject knowledge of core National Curriculum
- Good understanding of child development and progression and how this impacts on planning
- Understanding of effective strategies for managing behaviour within the classroom and in accordance with the school's policy
- An understanding of equal opportunity issues and how they can be addressed in schools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Harris Primary Benson is an established Primary Academy for local children in Croydon which opened in 2013. Our core belief is that any child thrives when they are consistently happy and safe at school. We provide our children with an enriched and engaging curriculum which provides them with a vast range of engaging and challenging learning opportunities. Our children are supported to be the best they can be, by our dedicated teachers and support staff.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, electric car scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We welcome applications from practitioners who will:
- Have regard to the curriculum for the school, and with a view to promoting the development of the abilities and aptitudes of the pupils in any class or group assigned
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons
- Teach, according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned to you
- Set and mark work to be carried out by the pupil in the Academy and elsewhere
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children
- Be committed to on-going professional development
- Contribute to the wider life of the academy
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of a team
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
This job post has expired.