Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (Due to end on 31 August 2022)
M1 £25,714 - UPS3 - £41,604 (Depending on experience)
We are looking for a passionate and inspiring, qualified Class Teacher to join our supportive and talented team at Begbrook Primary Academy. We are a growing organisation, looking for professional and ambitious people, with a passion for transforming our students’ learning. This role is a fixed term maternity leave cover for one year, starting 1st September 2021. The vacancy is in KS2, possibly in Year 4 or Year 5. NQT/ECT applications will be happily considered for this role.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. We provide excellent training and development opportunities within the Federation, including a full induction programme for newly qualified and experienced teachers. Training is both local and/or delivered through our excellent stand-alone training facility at the CLF Institute. For teachers, the CLF Institute aims to provide a continuum of development through each career stage from initial teacher training (ITT), for early careers teachers (ECT), to successive stages of leadership through to Headship and beyond.
What we are looking for:
We look for passionate individuals who want to be a part of transforming education and will make an active contribution to the development of the Cabot Learning Federation and chosen Academy. You will be used to planning and consistently delivering high quality lessons, will have experience in delivering the curriculum in your chosen area and will be a strong communicator with the ability to embrace change and motivate colleagues and students. A well-qualified specialist, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, you will have the ability to teach Early Years – Key Stage 2, although our current vacancy is in KS2. We look for professionals who have excellent class management skills and have high expectations of work and behaviour.
Your duties will specifically include:
- Planning outstanding lessons that meet the needs of all students whilst developing a high-quality programme of study that includes accurate target setting.
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress of students and taking appropriate action to ensure all students achieve their potential through exceptional methods of feedback.
- Meeting the needs of learners from key identified groups, including pupil premium, looked after children, SEND and High Attaining students.
- Recognising, valuing and supporting the delivery of opportunities which extend beyond the confines of classroom delivery and seeking to enrich and add value to the students’ experience & learning.
- Being empowered to develop your own expert practice and support the development of others.
As part of the Cabot Learning Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to our pension scheme - Teacher Pension Scheme (if eligible)
- Dedicated Training and Development programmes
- Health and wellness sessions and discounts.
- Secured discounts for staff at a number of gyms in the local area.
- Flu Jabs
- Annual CLF conferences which provides CPD opportunity
- Comprehensive Induction process
- Competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous annual leave entitlement for staff who work all year round
Academy, ages 3 to 11
611 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Begbrook Primary Academy
At Begbrook Primary Academy, we aspire to support all children to be able to believe, achieve and succeed exceptionally well, whatever their starting points and contexts, and to be fully prepared to meet the challenges of their next phase of schooling. The approaches we implement are evidence-based and research informed. For example, we use a metacognitive approach that enables children to develop their learning behaviours in order to be successful. This supports our children to work hard and to expend individual effort and practice in all areas of the curriculum.
We are very proud of our knowledge rich curriculum. We enact the curriculum through the use of States of Being. This allows children to become deeply immersed in individual subject areas whilst they are Being Historians, Being Scientists, Being Artists etc. We have a bold approach to the teaching of English as it is woven throughout the States of Being units rather than being taught as a stand-alone area. We have well established oracy expectations that support the delivery of our curriculum, which in turn further supports our oracy – we learn to talk and we talk to learn. An overarching aim of our curriculum is that children experience joy-filled learning. Children in our school are buzzing with excitement to share about the things they have learnt!
Outcomes at Begbrook are broadly in line with National Averages at all Key Stages, despite the fact that our children have lower than average starting points. We are not complacent. We have a collective belief that all children can succeed so we use a ‘find the gap, plug the gap’ approach to ensure that all children achieve to their potential.
Begbrook Primary Academy is situated in Stapleton, on the outskirts of Bristol. Our school population is culturally, socially and economically diverse. We are all different and at Begbrook, our phrase is ‘Everyone is welcome’. We are a highly inclusive school and we recognise the many different barriers to learning that exist. We believe in equity over equality; unashamedly giving individual children what they need rather than all receiving the same.
Despite being a city school, we are incredibly lucky to be situated on the edge of Snuff Mills, a beautiful and historic section of the Frome Valley walkway that is rich in nature. Our school is set within extensive grounds, comprising of a large school field, conservation area, meadow, orchard, four playground spaces including trim trails and a multi-use games area. We make use of our amazing outside space as much as possible.