Fixed term (One Year)
Class Teacher Year 5/6 Class
Are you looking for a Primary teaching post with a difference? Situated in the heart of the City of Cambridge, Park Street Church of England Primary School is a unique, exciting and inspiring school, with curious and creative children and a supportive, enthusiastic staff. With only four, mixed-age classes, we have a ‘family feel’ where everybody knows each other well, enabling us to design learning opportunities to inspire all learners and meet their individual needs. Due to our highly-regarded Year 5/6 teacher having to return to the United States, we have a vacancy in this class, starting in September.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an enthusiastic, dedicated and well-organised classroom practitioner, with experience in creating exciting learning opportunities
• Have a commitment to ensuring rapid pupil progress and high standards for all learners
• Have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour and attitude to learning
• Be able to work well as part of a strong team and contribute to the school community
• Be supportive of the ethos and values of a Church School
• A forward-looking school with great opportunities to learn alongside others and share good practice
• A rich and creative curriculum that takes full advantage of our city centre location
• Friendly and supportive colleagues, governors and parents and community
• A strong commitment to staff well-being and continued professional development
A strong ‘good’ judgement from Ofsted (November 2017)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Church of England
110 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Park Street CofE Primary School
Park Street C of E Primary School is a small primary school situated right in the heart of Cambridge, surrounded by Jesus Green and the historic colleges of the University. Serving around 120 children, aged from 4 to 11, as a Church of England school, we aim:
to be a safe, supportive and caring school which provides a nurturing environment for every member of the community;
to offer a breadth of opportunity to enable each child to fulfil their potential;
to be inclusive, celebrating the strengths and differences of our diverse community;
to have high aspirations for our children, inspiring creativity and a lifelong love of learning.
We have four classes:
Class 1 is for children of Reception age and some of our younger Year 1 students.
Class 2 is mixed Year 1 and Year 2
Class 3 is mixed Year 3 and Year 4
Class 4 is mixed Year 5 and Year 6
You can find out more about the school by visiting our website: www.parkstreet.cambs.sch.uk our most recent Ofsted report and other information about the school.