- Early years, KS1, KS2
- MPS (Outer London) + £1,500 Harris Allowance
Class Teacher job summary
Passionate about inspiring young people? Join us in inspiring the lively little learners at Harris Primary Academy Croydon as a Class Teacher.
Our dedicated team provides a supportive network both onsite as well as support across the Federation to ensure all our staff feel encouraged to do their best. You will be part of a community of dedicated, friendly staff standing by and upholding its mission in creating and maintaining a supportive and thriving learning environment.
Main Areas of Responsibility
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We welcome applications from practitioners who will:
- Have regard to the curriculum for the school, and with a view to promoting the development of the abilities and aptitudes of the pupils in any class or group assigned
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons
- Teach, according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned to you
- Set and mark work to be carried out by the pupil in the Academy and elsewhere
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children
- Be committed to on-going professional development
- Contribute to the wider life of the academy
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of a team
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree
- Successful experience of teaching the primary curriculum
- Good understanding of current theory and best practice in teaching and learning, particularly as it relates to achieving high rates of progress of children of primary age
- Good subject knowledge of core National Curriculum
- Good understanding of child development and progression and how this impacts on planning
- Understanding of effective strategies for managing behaviour within the classroom and in accordance with the schoolâ€™s policy
- An understanding of equal opportunity issues and how they can be addressed in schools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
Applying for the job
All applications must be made online via the apply link.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
About Harris Primary Academy Croydon
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 399 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Harris Primary Academy Croydon joined the Harris Federation in 2020 and is part of a family of primary, secondary and all-through academies in and around London. We have many successful Harris academies nearby in the borough and, as part of a thriving community of schools, we benefit from the ability to share, learn, support and challenge each other.
Our aim for pupils at Harris Primary Academy Croydon is for them to develop into happy, confident and independent individuals who are motivated by a real love of learning.
We have high expectations for every child and provide expert teaching so that our pupils make excellent progress. We place a strong emphasis on the dedicated teaching of reading, writing and maths so that our pupils have a solid foundation to build their learning in other subjects.