- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- MPS 1 - 6
Highgate Primary Academy has an exciting opportunity for a Class Teacher to join their team!
We are looking to recruit an exceptional classroom practitioner who is passionate about influencing young people’s lives.
As our Class Teacher you will :
• Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge all pupils
• Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
• Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils
• Make accurate and productive use of assessment
• Accept accountability for achieving the highest possible standards in their own work and conduct and to be able to be self-critical and reflective
We are looking for individuals who:
• Have high expectations of children in standards, behaviour and all aspects of school life to enable all children to reach full potential
• Relates to, inspires and motivates pupils
• Works well within and contributes to team development
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 340 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Highgate Primary Academy
Highgate Primary Academy is an innovative and aspirational primary set in the heart of the Dearne Valley community in Barnsley. We have 340 children on roll ranging from three to eleven years. Goldthorpe is a close community that has benefited from regeneration programmes and investment, and as an academy we have worked tirelessly with families and partners to create a high-achieving school where ‘Excellence and Enjoyment for all’ underpins everything we do.
We are a community-focussed academy that provides our pupils with the best possible start in life, and helps them acquire the skills, knowledge and ambition to be effective members of a changing society. To do this we work hard to develop not just their academic ability, but the skills and outlook required to be successful life-long learners.
We are proud of being judged a ‘good school’ by Ofsted in 2017, and we welcome applications from candidates who have high expectations, a strong work ethic and who can make a real difference within our community.
Our academy is bursting with potential, and we always look for talented individuals to join us on our journey to becoming outstanding!
Astrea Academy Trust are fully committed to being diverse and inclusive workforce where together we can embrace each other’s unique individuality, background and heritage. We are a ‘Disability Confident Employer’ and all our application forms hide your personal information so we can focus solely on your experience, skills and qualities.
We believe that by reflecting and representing the communities and people we serve, we will better and further the life chances of our pupils.
Arranging a visit to Highgate Primary Academy
Please contact the schools directly to arrange a onsite visit