Orchard Academy is looking for a class teacher who shares our vision and ethos to join their amazing team. The successful candidate should hold qualified teacher status, have a passion for teaching and learning and want each and every child to succeed. ECTs are welcome to apply.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class/es, promoting inclusion and ensuring equality of opportunity for all
- Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
- Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
- Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards (2012)
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
- Be responsible for the development of an identified area of curriculum or school improvement as and when required
Why work for Orchard Academy:
- Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other.
- All staff are proud to be part of the school and feel supported by the open-door policy of Senior Leadership who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
- Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development with cross trust support and training catered to support your individual career.
- Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities. Happy staff make a happy school.
Orchard Academy is a family and a community. Visitors comment on how friendly and caring our children and staff are, as well as the positive, warm atmosphere that can be felt around the school. We develop welcoming, confident children who are enthusiastic, engaging and a delight to work with. Orchard Academy has a dedicated staff team that are committed to delivering high-quality teaching and excellent pastoral care, ensuring that all pupils are given every opportunity to succeed. We are a proud founding member of the EMAT Academy Trust; whose vision is that every child deserves to be the best they can.
About East Midlands Academy Trust
EMAT is an exciting, innovative and growing organisation where we try to do things differently, aligned to our core values and purpose that every child deserves to be the best they can be. Our Trust is a collaborative partnership that currently includes an all-through school in Northampton, a secondary school in Oundle and five primary schools in Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes.
By working for our Trust, you’ll be able to take advantage of a wealth of professional development and support opportunities, as well as a range of employee benefits.
· Continuous professional development and training opportunities
· Dedicated support from our school improvement team
· Career and leadership opportunities within our growing family of schools
· A Trust employee forum with representatives from across the organisation
· A confidential 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
· A corporate eye care plan
· Flu jabs for all staff
· Cycle to work scheme
For more information or an informal conversation please contact email@example.com.
EMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). References will be taken up before interviews are offered.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or age.
EMAT reserve the right to withdraw this advert early if a suitable candidate is found.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We have a team of internal recruiters and we advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.
This job post has expired.