Class Teacher required for September 2021
Full Time / Main Scale
A wonderful opportunity to be part of our happy, creative, and collaborative learning community school.
The Spinney is a popular and welcoming Group 2 village school in Cherry Hinton on the Southeast outskirts of Cambridge, age range 4 – 11.
We wish to appoint a dynamic and outstanding practitioner from September 2020, to join our professional, hardworking teaching team. The successful applicant will have high expectations of themselves and their pupils and be committed to securing high standards in learning, they will be creative and conscientious, an effective communicator and able to work well with others.
We are looking for someone who;
· Is passionate about teaching and learning and can work successfully as part of a strong, dedicated and dynamic staff team
· Will actively contribute to the rich creative and cultural curriculum we offer our children
· Is committed to creating learning opportunities that will foster enthusiasm and challenge our children to be creative and independent learners
· Is able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We can offer you;
· A forward looking, outward reaching school with great opportunities to learn alongside others and share good practice
· A strong supportive leadership team
· A friendly, supportive team of staff and governors
· Enthusiastic children who enjoy taking part in school life
· A friendly and supportive school community
An application pack can be downloaded from our website (see About Us, Current Vacancies) https://www.spinney.cambs.sch.uk/vacancies-3/ or by emailing our School Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are most welcome to discuss the position with the Headteacher via email correspondence. Please contact Mrs Metters to arrange this.
Completed application forms should be emailed to email@example.com
The Spinney Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and employs suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any appointments will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including the right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references.
Closing Date: 9.00 am on Friday 18 June 2021
Interviews: Thursday 24 June 2021
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
212 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About The Spinney Primary School
The Spinney is a happy, creative and welcoming primary school set in Cherry Hinton, one of the villages to the south of the City of Cambridge. The Spinney serves children and families from within the school's catchment area and beyond. We are very proud of the linguistic, social, ethnic and cultural diversity of the families that we serve and we take an active role in our community.
There is a strong community feel to the Spinney with thoughtful and supportive parents and carers, a wonderful Friends association, a dedicated school team, an effective and skilled governing body and delightful, enthusiastic, confident, thoughtful and articulate children.
The school's mission statement is "Teaching and Learning Together" and this is central to our ethos.