- Early years, KS1, KS2
Class Teacher job summary
School: West Cliff Primary School
Role: Class Teacher
Contract: Permanent and fixed term posts available
Start date: September 2022
West Cliff Primary School is a warm and friendly community school that provides education from children aged 2-11. It currently has 210 children on roll, divided into 8 classes (one for each year group). One of our classes is a nursery class that takes children from 2 years old. The school mainly takes children from the west side and the centre of Whitby - but is accessible from all parts of the town.
We pride ourselves on providing a warm and welcoming environment for children and adults alike, and we strive to provide the very best standard of education possible for our children. We are working on the National Nurturing Schools Programme and have a truly inclusive ethos, with emotion coaching and restorative practice at the heart of all we do. In 2021, we opened the Rockpool, our targeted mainstream provision focussed on supporting social, emotional and mental health, and we are proud to have a staff team who fully embrace our child-centred culture. We have beach school status and are looking for someone who will support our love of outdoor learning!
We are one of the founding schools of the Yorkshire Endeavour Academy Trust and benefit from close links with our fellow Trust schools and the Yorkshire Endeavour English Hub.
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified teacher to join our staff team. Due to staffing changes, it is likely that there may be more than one post available, on either a permanent or fixed term basis, and this could be in any year group from Reception to Year 6. Applicants are encouraged to state in their application if they have a preferred year group or Key Stage. Decisions around where teaching staff will be placed will be made following the recruitment process, in order to best meet the needs of the school and our pupils.
We are looking for:
• A skilled professional who has an engaging and dynamic style of teaching.
• Someone who has the drive and ambition to make sure our children achieve their very best, and promotes academic excellence.
• A teacher with a flair and passion for primary education who will embrace working and teaching in our school.
• Someone who is fully committed to an inclusive, nurturing ethos and will reflect this in their daily practice and relationships.
We can offer you:
• Delightful children who respect each other, have a thirst for learning new things and a staff culture which allows new members to thrive and develop.
• Opportunities to further develop your craft and a leadership team that will support your ideas and use school resources to help your career aspirations.
• A leading Whitby town school where staff tell have tailored professional opportunities and are encouraged to play their part in our distributed leadership structure.
• Children who love being here and in their words ‘West Cliff is a happy school and we learn from each other’.
• Opportunity to be part of supportive Trust.
Join us and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about.
Please contact Garry on the details below.
We strongly recommend that you visit us so that we can share with you why we are so proud of our school, and you will get a chance to see what we have to offer.
The date of commencement for this post will be September 2022.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 19th May.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a visit and for an application pack please contact Garry Morrison at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07814935700
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Applying for the job
Completed application forms to be sent to Garry Morrison
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.