- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Maternity Cover - Spring & summer term 2022)
- Early Career Teacher / Main Pay Scale
Highlands Primary School is a large school situated on North Bransholme. Our children benefit from a well-structured, ambitious curriculum that has been designed to maximise pupil progress in all areas. Highlands has a dedicated, hardworking, supportive team who work together to provide the best possible educational outcomes for children.
The Governors are seeking to employ a committed, dedicated, hardworking teacher to cover a maternity leave during the spring and summer terms of 2022. The position is to cover a Year 2 class.
Applications are welcome from both experienced and early career teachers.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Be a dedicated, hardworking qualified Teacher
• Have the ability to deliver well planned and stimulating lessons across the curriculum and ability range
• Be confident in establishing sound professional relationships with children, colleagues, parents and our community
• Have knowledge and understanding of effective behaviour management strategies and the ability to put these into practice
• Be committed to safeguarding and protecting children and young people.
Applying for the job
Please complete an application form and submit via ETeach. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Early application is encouraged. We will review applications throughout the advertising period and therefore reserve the right to close the advert early should sufficient applications be received.
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 466 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
About Highlands Primary School
Highlands Primary School is a large primary school located on the Bransholme Estate on the outskirts of Hull.
We strive to create a happy welcoming, caring and safe environment where expectations are high and where learners are encouraged, challenged and supported to be the best they can be.
We are an inclusive school and value and celebrate individuality and differences.
At Highlands we pride ourselves in thinking ‘outside the box’ and view challenge as something to be overcome and not used as an excuse for underachievement.
Our staff are committed to our children and families and frequently go the extra mile because we all genuinely believe that education can make the difference to lives and open doors to exciting opportunities.
AS A MEMBER OF HUMBER EDUCATION TRUST, WE OFFER:
• Commitment to securing the very best provision and outcomes for all children.
• A Trust with expertise in every area of the curriculum, both in primary and special settings, through our S2S Support Leaders and Peers network.
• Outstanding individually tailored continual professional development for staff at all levels.
• Staff who feel valued and supported in their roles.
• Ethical working with mutual respect and collaboration.
• A caring and safe environment where we recognise the diverse needs of our community, ensuring our young people from all backgrounds thrive.
Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service, Children’s Barred List Check, Section 128 check where applicable, identity checks, medical clearance, proof of qualifications, satisfactory references and eligibility to work in the UK checks.
Humber Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Arranging a visit to Highlands Primary School
Visits to our school are welcomed by appointment.
Please contact Kirsty Whiteley at Highlands Primary School, via firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 01482 835609 to arrange a suitable time to view our wonderful school.