- M1 – M6 (£29,915 – £41,136)
Class Teacher - Year 6 job summary
This is a truly exciting opportunity for either an existing or aspiring KS2 Primary Teacher. Our wonderful school is seeking to appoint a talented and passionate practitioner to join our school family.
Currently, we are a 1FE school with Reception to Y5 on roll. The vacancy will be for our first Y6 class in 2022/2023.
We welcome enquiries and visits from teachers who may be interested in finding out more about the role. Our school is incredibly nurturing, valuing character, spirituality and educational excellence in equal measures.
We welcome applications from faith, non-faith and a range of religious backgrounds.
The successful candidate will have high standards and creativity to enthuse our pupils and make a real difference to their outcomes and life-chances.
There is the opportunity to lead a subject area with additional UP1 and/or TLR renumeration and responsibility.
We have a diverse pupil catchment area and promote creative learning. It is part of a well-established academy of schools and is part of the Avanti Schools Trust (AST). There is plenty of scope for promotion, progression & being part of a large network of like-minded teachers!
There is scope for future development at the start of the next academic with the possibility of a responsibility area and a TLR may be available. This position is also open to a strong Year 6 Primary Teacher or a Year 6 Primary ECT.
Specialist teachers who cover PPA lessons for Sanskrit, Philosophy, Religion and Ethics, Yoga and currently PE.
Our school is easily accessible via good modes of transport within Croydon and is a short walking distance from good commuter links. We also offer a parking space in our on-site car park.
Visits are encouraged and warmly welcome for any interested candidates to have an informal chat. Please contact our admin team at school to arrange a visit on:
Telephone: 020 8353 4253
Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
What do we offer:
• A strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
• Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
• A growing 1 Form Entry School – currently Reception to Y5;
• A newly established and developing Leadership team who are approachable and forward-thinking;
• Excellent results and pupil progress;
• Excellent CPD opportunities ;
• Great transport links and free staff car park
What will you do?
• Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject/s that you teach
• Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes and pastoral arrangements as appropriate
• Be aware of pupils’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn
• Establish a safe, purposeful and stimulating environment for pupils, rooted in mutual respect and establish a framework for discipline with a range of strategies, using praise, sanctions and rewards consistently and fairly
• Work as a team member and identify opportunities for working with colleagues and sharing the development of effective practice with them
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
• Genuine passion for lifelong learning
• A belief in the unique potential of every student
• Able to self-start, work independently and collaboratively as part of a team- whether led or leading
• Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
• Clear vision and understanding of how to implement and sustain a high-quality teaching and learning
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Opportunity of UP1 (£42,559) to lead a core subject and/or a TLR depending on skills, interest and experience
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.