Place of work: St Marychurch C of E Primary School, Torquay
Job term: Permanent
Appointment type: 19.50hrs (3 days a week), Starting in January 2024
Pay Scale: M1-M6
Closing date: 24th November 2023
Interview date: 30th November 2023
St Marychurch C of E Primary School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher who will teach to cover a maternity leave but also covering PPA and ECT time for existing teaching staff across the school. The role will start in January 2024 or as soon as available in 2024.
If you are dedicated to developing stimulating learning experiences for young minds and delivering an engaging curriculum, we want to hear from you! St Marychurch’s can promise you a dynamic and passionate leadership team who are enthusiastic about driving change and raising standards. You will have the opportunity to work alongside us and make a real difference in our community.
· A welcoming, friendly school with a strong Christian ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do.
· Children who are articulate, happy and motivated to learn.
· A Headteacher who puts children at the heart of all decision making.
· An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 19 schools within the St Christopher’s Trust.
The successful candidate will:
· Have the ability to enable pupils to reach their full social and academic potential, underpinned by a strong personal philosophy and clear pedagogical subject knowledge.
· Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school though our school values.
· Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point.
· Have high expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Visits to the school are encouraged; please contact the school on 01803 329070 if you wish to make arrangements.
Applications should be submitted by 9.00am Friday 24th November 2023.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 30th November 2023 at St Marychurch CofE primary School, Torquay. There will be a number of tasks, including teaching a lesson on the day to a class.
Please note it is our process to apply for references for shortlisted applicants and to complete online searches in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
This job post has expired.