Job share only
£55338 - £65735 FTE
Pupils at Downham C of E Primary School are at the centre of everything we do and they would like their new head to be someone who:
• has a love of learning and really wants to come and work with us
• will encourage, support and understand our needs.
We wish to appoint an exceptional leader who has the energy, vision, ambition and talent to move our school from good to outstanding. We are looking for a head who will instil passion and enthusiasm in everything we do. You will ensure every child's educational journey is enriched and inspiring, and you will have:
• a clear vision and high aspiration for primary education
• the personal achievement of each child at heart
• the ability to develop the strengths of our staff team
• a strong commitment to maintaining our church distinctiveness.
Downham offers you:
• self-motivated and well-behaved children who are keen to learn and proud of their achievements
• the opportunity for personal development within a supportive network of the Billericay Community Trust, 7 Spires Partnership and the Diocese
• an enthusiastic, dedicated leadership team, business and finance manager, staff and governors
• an exciting opportunity to lead and develop our school to be the best it can be.
Applying for the role
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 5 to 11
226 pupils enrolled
5 to 11
About Downham Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
Downham C of E Primary is a small school (NOR 217) at the heart of our village, nurturing and supporting children to be the best they can be. With strong links to St Margaret’s Church, we have created an inclusive, caring Christian community where pupils and staff feel valued, supported and respected. Downham aims for excellence in learning, teaching and personal achievement.
Arranging a visit to Downham Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
We welcome you to visit our school - to arrange an appointment please contact the school's business manager – Shelley Curran on 01268 710387 or email: email@example.com