E-ACT Parkwood Academy is seeking to appoint a Community Support Officer to support their diverse student body and promote integration and inclusion both inside the academy and within the community. This is a new, exciting role and we are looking for someone to ‘Think Big’ and help shape the role in line with the Academy objectives.
The post holder will be responsible for creating and maintaining lasting relationships with the community and ensuring the integration of the academy and students within it. This involves generating new, exciting ideas and opportunities for the Academy and its students to support community initiatives, build strong links with a range of stakeholders, plan and deliver academy events, build strong relationships with our students and celebrate the diverse student body.
For full details of the role, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
All applicants should note that our school operates a strict Safeguarding Policy, and procedures are rigorously and consistently applied.
Salary - NJC 4-6 - £14,562 - £15,151 FTE - £18,933 - £19,698
32.5 hours per week 39 weeks per year.
Parkwood E-ACT Academy
A forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Sheffield. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom.
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- One that takes great pride in providing ‘a culture that places the individual child at its heart’ and a ‘school community that works together to secure improvement.’ We want every child and staff member to stand out from the crowd and feel proud as part of our exciting journey towards achieving world-class status
- In a state of the art new building built in April 2012, we are privileged enough to work in an academy which offers both a modern and practical learning environment, along with locally unrivalled, inspiring surroundings for both staff and students alike.
- A “high energy” and rewarding place to work and our staff make daily positive impact upon our learners. We have a strong belief that if students enjoy learning and are equipped with the tools to succeed, then they will achieve at the highest level.
- Ofsted good rated in both 2014 and 2018, Parkwood students are noted as making strong progress from their starting points despite joining the academy typically below the national average for attainment. Furthermore, disadvantaged students and those who have special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities are making swift progress
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,400 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector-leading work-life balance arrangements.
As a trust we offer:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
Find out more atwww.e-act.org.uk
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community