||£17,521 to £18,818
Are you an experienced and enthusiastic administrator looking for a new challenge? Would you relish being part of our friendly and diverse school community who are dedicated to delivering excellent educational provision to our students?
We are looking to appoint a Cover and HR Administrator, who will be responsible for arranging daily cover for lessons for absent colleagues. You will manage the calendar of planned staff absence, working with the Head and School Business Manager, to ensure a balance between staff development, staff leave and the smooth running of the school. In addition, you will be responsible for parts of our HR administration.
The ideal candidate will work well under pressure, have excellent organisational skills, and the ability to multi-task. Training will be provided where necessary.
This role is Monday to Friday, 7am to 1pm, Term Time only. Due to the nature of the role these hours are not negotiable.
Application forms are available on our website www.hatchend.harrow.sch.uk together with the job description, person specification and more information on your career at Hatch End High School; or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Closing Date: Noon, Monday 23 November 2020
Hatch High School is an equal opportunities employer. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working in schools are subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and two written references.
• To manage the cover administration function including the calendar of planned staff absence, working with the Head and School Business Manager, to ensure a balance between staff development, leave and the smooth running of the school.
• To provide a full range of administration support for HR related matters including accurate and timely recording of staffing data, recruitment & interviews and procuring agency staff.
• To have an overview of all staff absence and ensure that staff absence cover is organised and in place each day to enable the school to run efficiently.
• The post holder will report to the School Business Manager.
• Agency Supply Staff.
• Your hours of work will be 7:00 – 13:00 each day, which would not be negotiable due to the nature of the role.
• Be the first point of contact for Cover Supervisors on a daily basis, providing them with their daily schedules.
• Update Cover Diary.
• To allocate cover supervisors and teaching staff to cover for absent teachers (using the SIMS Cover software).
• Ensure that the number of covers completed by Teachers is equitable and does not exceed statutory limits.
• To ascertain whether supply teachers are needed and to contact them in sufficient time to ensure their attendance for cover duties and plan ahead where possible.
• Amend and adjust covers allocated as and when required due to changes of circumstances, and organise emergency cover slips when required.
• Arrange TA support for lessons to utilise spare capacity of in-house cover supervisors.
• Ensure supply staff have DBS clearance and record their vetting information on the SCR supply staff register spreadsheet.
• Where supply staff are being used, to ensure that they are fully briefed on school procedures, including electronic registers and supplied with a schedule of classes for the day.
• Ensure all external supply Teachers have read and signed the school’s Safeguarding Children & Young People documents and that they are trained and supported during the course of their cover day.
• Ensure supply staff ID is checked (if they are new to the school) and copy of ID is made and filed with their other documentation.
• Ensure supply staff timesheets are checked and signed, and that the invoiced hours are correct.
• Consider alternative strategies for specialist hires and develop relationships with agencies as required.
• Organise room changes as required especially over busy periods such as exams and trips.
• Support SLT with planning, arranging and recording duty roster.
More on how to apply
• To accurately maintain HR records on the SIMS system, EPM personnel system and excel.
• Record staff absence messages from dedicated absence line (unplanned absences) and manage Cover request forms (planned absences).
• Produce and publish daily absent staff email and emailed to all staff before 8am.
• To manage absence, annual leave and sickness records on all staff, recording and processing absences as necessary, ensuring staff complete the relevant paperwork and applying the school’s absence procedures as appropriate.
• Manage the arrangement of Occupational Health referrals and appointments.
• To prepare paperwork relating to HR related issues e.g. disciplinary matters and take minutes of meetings as required.
• To monitor and provide data on sickness absence levels to managers and ensure full compliance with HR policies on absence management.
• To maintain SIMS HR records to ensure compliant with regulatory requirements of the School Workforce Census.
• To assist with advertising vacancies, organising interviews and follow up references in line with Safer Recruitment regulatory requirements.