We have an exciting opportunity for a Curriculum Support Assistant to join E-ACT Parkwood Academy -working with a dedicated and supportive team of staff. Parkwood Academy is an excellent place to develop your career, where bespoke support will be provided within a fulfilling and enjoyable workplace. Are you looking for your first role as an ECT? Do you want to develop your teaching career? Maybe you are a degree graduate thinking about a career in teaching. This could be the perfect start for you.
The role of Curriculum Support Assistant is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to develop their teaching career and Parkwood is the perfect place to do this, with its incredibly supportive environment and excellent routes for Continued Progression Development (CPD) and progression. For the right candidate, this role could be the perfect opportunity to start or develop your career in teaching.
The purpose of this role is to provide continuity of education for pupils whose lessons are affected by short term absence of the class teacher.
Reporting to the SLT link/Assistant Head, this post holder will be accountable for:
- Supervising pupils undertaking work that has been set in accordance with the Academy’s policy, under the guidance of teaching/senior staff.
- Establishing productive working relationships with students, promoting positive values/attitudes and setting high expectations
- Monitoring and evaluation of students’ responses to learning activities through observation and recording of achievement and providing feedback/reports as required
- Encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all students in activities
- Effective use of ICT to support learning activities and develop students’ competence and independent use.
- Assisting with supervision of students out of lesson time, including before and after school
- Undertaking activities, as directed by the teacher, with whole classes, individuals or small groups of students, giving constructive support to students as they learn and encouraging independent working
- Reporting back using the Academy’s agreed referral process on the behaviour of students during the class and any issues arising
- Assisting in classroom maintenance, setting out, clearing away and care of resources to create a purposeful attractive learning environment
For further details of the post please see the Job Description and Person Specification
In return the trust offers:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
Salary SCP 6 - 12 £19,321- £21,544 (FTE £21,968 - £24,496) based on 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
E-ACT Parkwood Academy
A forward-thinking, ambitious 11-16 secondary academy in Sheffield. We support and challenge our students to achieve their full potential both in and out of the classroom.
Come join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
Find out more at www.e-act.org.uk
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community
This job post has expired.