10 days remaining to apply
12 June 2023 at 9am
24 May 2023
- Higher level teaching assistant
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £27,852.00 to £32,020.00
Cover Supervisor job summary
Pleckgate High School wishes to appoint a hardworking, enthusiastic and committed Cover Supervisor. If you are experienced, enthusiastic, open to new ideas and have a flexible ‘can do’ approach, we would welcome an application from you. Actual salary £23,850.60 to £27,419.80pa.
- To work under the direction of the class teacher or in their absence, the Head of Department, to implement planning and assessment, working with whole classes, individual or small groups of pupils in order to achieve high levels of accelerated pupil progress.
- To support pupils to overcome barriers to learning, promoting the inclusion of all pupils by developing their communication skills, supporting and mentoring as required to manage their behaviour, developing independence and social skills and to take responsibility for monitoring/reporting on the impact of class-based interventions.
- To provide supervision and guidance and learning opportunities in all non-lesson-based activities.
- Complement the professional work of the schoolteachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities.
- Supervision of whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers with agreed lesson plans in place across the school as required.
- Contribute to on call duties.
What are the job requirements?
- GCSE or Equivalent qualification in English and Mathematics at level 9 – 5.
- Child Care/NVQ/ HLTA or other relevant qualification (related to education is desirable i.e.: a degree) at level 4.
- Experience of support work with children in an educational setting.
- Experience of planning, preparing and delivering agreed work, and supporting programmes for individuals or groups of pupils.
- Knowledge of The National Curriculum and Schemes of Work in Literacy and Numeracy.
- Knowledge of how to support the development of social communication and literacy skills, promoting high standards of literacy, articulacy and numeracy.
- Knowledge of how to support pupils with ASD barriers to learning.
- Ability to work as a member of a class team to deliver and assess planned lessons.
- Ability to break down given planned tasks into small steps of learning and can give focused feedback on progress made and next steps.
Amongst the many benefits of working within the Trust you will receive:
- Healthcare cash back plan provided free by the Trust includes optical, dental, physio, diagnostics, health assessment, NHS prescription charges, hospital cover, discounted gym memberships plus lots more.
- 6 sessions of free counselling including CBT, wellbeing and bereavement.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric Car Scheme (Salary Sacrifice)
- Access to government pension schemes.
- Free parking
- Training and development opportunities
- Personal development and promotion opportunities across the Trust
- Trust wide focus on staff wellbeing
- Trust wide Intranet to share knowledge and resources
For further information or visits to the school please contact email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 12th June 2023 at 09:00
Interview date: TBC
Applying for the job
Using the application form
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.View advert on school website (opens in new tab)
About Pleckgate High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1298 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Pleckgate High School website (opens in new tab)
Pleckgate High School is thriving multi-cultural community that places the best interests of young people at the heart of everything we do. All students are challenged and supported to Aspire and Believe, Act and Succeed. We are a large secondary that is part of the Education Partnership Trust (EPT), situated on the northern outskirts of Blackburn with Darwen. Our school community has 1150 students and 180 staff, with state of the art facilities that benefit both the school and local community.
In January 2019, the school was judged as outstanding in all areas by Ofsted. Inspectors found our school to have a “great sense of industry and endeavour” and described the school as “harmonious” with a “common goal to excel”.
Similar jobs nearby
E-ACT Royton and Crompton Academy
Blackshaw Lane, Oldham, Greater Manchester, OL2 6NT
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Highfield Leadership Academy
Highfield Road, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY4 3JZ
Autism Educational Practitioner - ASCENT College
Wargrave House School
449 Wargrave Road, Newton-le-Willows, Merseyside, WA12 8RS
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Blackburn With Darwen and Lancashire, Blackburn and Blackpool