Cover Supervisor - Term-Time Only (Mon-Fri or less)
25 days remaining to apply
Start date details
As soon as possible
5 July 2023 at 11:59pm
26 May 2023
- View all Full timejobs - Working 32.5 hours per week/39 weeks per year (term-time) - but those requiring less days working are welcome to apply
- View all Part timejobs - Working 32.5 hours per week/39 weeks per year (term-time) - but those requiring less days working are welcome to apply
Full-time equivalent salary
- FTE: £26,080- £28,617pa
- Actual: £20,156.34 - £22,117.10 for 32.5 hrs pa
What skills and experience we're looking for
We moved into a brand-new school building in February 2018 which offers spacious, modern and outstanding facilities. Three Rivers Academy is a school that maximises opportunities for young people to develop academically and socially in an environment that is stimulating, caring and supportive. This was recognised in the Ofsted report from May 2019 where the school was judged to be GOOD in every category. We are happy to receive a full CV in the first instance to be considered before a full application is made. Please email this to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can action accordingly.
Permanent. Working 32.5 hours per week/39 weeks per year (term-time) - but those requiring less days working are welcome to apply
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.15am to 3.15pm
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cover Supervisor to join the team at the Three Rivers Academy. This role supports learning and teaching within the school, by helping maintain consistency of teaching and supervision. Candidates should possess excellent interpersonal skills and listening skills with a commitment to helping. The postholder will have good written and oral communication skills with the ability to prioritise and plan your own workload and work on your own initiative.
The role includes supervising cover work that has been set in accordance with school policy, monitoring student progress of set tasks, managing the behaviour of students and dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures.
What the school offers its staff
At Three Rivers Academy we are proud to offer a range of benefits and promote a healthy work/life balance:
- Teachers are offered 16% PPA time, significantly higher than the required 10%
- Generous ECT Welcome payment (up to £2,000)
- Recruitment and retention allowances available to attract the very best staff
- The vast majority of a full-time teachers have their own classroom
- Directed time is kept to a minimum with after-school meetings lasting no longer than an hour and all school events calendared in advance
- All teaching staff are provided with a laptop
- Professional opportunities to share and grow within The Howard Partnership Trust with high-quality CPD opportunities at all levels from ECT to SLT
- School easily accessible via public transport
- Active staff wellbeing group
- An inclusive community which celebrates its diversity
Further details about the role
The successful candidate will have Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (including English and Maths) or be able to evidence ability at an equivalent level, and should have a technical/professional qualification related to the role, e.g HLTA status, NNEB, or other relevant qualifications at level 2 or 3.
We are a values-based organisation and seek to recruit individuals who can demonstrate our values.
Please ensure your supporting statement reflects our Values
The successful candidate will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Three Rivers Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1319 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Three Rivers Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Three Rivers Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Tithepit Shaw Lane, Warlingham, Surrey, CR6 9YB
Southwark local authority
Safeguarding Administrative Assistant
Tomlinscote Way, Camberley, Surrey, GU16 8PY
Student and Family Engagement Team Mentor
Reigate Valley College
Ironsbottom, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 8PP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Surrey