We are seeking to appoint a Cover Supervisor with enthusiasm, creativity and the ability to motivate pupils and keep them on task to oversee classes during short-term absence of teaching staff. This post is suitable for someone who wishes to pursue a career in teaching and wishes to gain further experience in the workplace or someone who enjoys enabling students to learn and wants to play an integral role in supporting teaching and learning in a school.
Reporting to the SLT Link/Assistant Head, the post holder will be accountable for:
- Supervising pupils undertaking work that has been set in accordance with the Academy’s policy, under the guidance of teaching/senior staff.
- Establishing productive working relationships with students, promoting positive values/attitudes and setting high expectations
- Monitoring and evaluation of students’ responses to learning activities through observation and recording of achievement and providing feedback/reports as required
- Encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all students in activities
- Managing student behaviour during the covered lessons to ensure a constructive climate for learning, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with Academy policy and encouraging students to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Reporting back using the Academy’s agreed referral process on the behaviour of students during the class and any issues arising
Please see attached Job Description & Person Specification for full details of the role.
Salary: SCP9 - 17 - Actual salary - FTE: £25,119 - £28,770
32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year - TTO+1
Our Academy - E-ACT West Walsall
An 11-18 academy in Walsall resolutely focused on improving the life chances of all our students and inspiring them to reach their full potential. Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
A great place to live and work - Located just eight miles from Birmingham and six miles from Wolverhampton, Walsall is home to two E-ACT academies in Reedswood E-ACT Academy and West Walsall E-ACT Academy.
Part of the E-ACT family:
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job post has expired.