Main Pay Range or Upper Pay Range + TLR1 (M) - £10,859.00 p.m.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Curriculum Leader of English to lead our very successful English team in this high-achieving and inclusive 11-18 academy school with approx. 1200 students on roll
Rated as Outstanding by Ofsted:
• ‘The ethos and culture of the school develop both students and staff equally well and create an enthusiasm for learning.’
• ‘The sixth form is outstanding. It is highly successful in helping students to move on to higher education, training or employment.’
• ‘Leaders at all levels, managers and governors are relentless in their drive to bring about further improvement, particularly to the quality of teaching and students’ achievement.’
• Be an inspirational teacher of English with a track record of ensuring excellent results throughout the age and ability range
• Be highly organised, and passionate about ensuring excellence for all in teaching, learning and achievement
• Be aspirational about your own professional development and that of others
• Have excellent communication and motivational skills
• Be able to lead and develop high performing teams
• Be committed to providing the best possible opportunities for all our young people
The successful candidate will play a decisive role in the team which moves this outstanding school into its next phase of development.
We can offer you:
• A key leadership role in an excellent school that is continually seeking to improve
• Support and challenge from a high performing leadership team
• Responsibility to lead and develop your team and to drive forward whole school initiatives
• The scope to be creative and innovative in developing approaches to teaching, learning and the curriculum
You will find a school and sixth form that build strong partnerships between staff, students, parents and the wider community. We have a talented hardworking staff, united in their belief that only the best is good enough for our young people. If you are approachable, able to inspire, challenge and develop colleagues, and want to share your vision, passion and energy through leading in this key role, then this may be the job for you!
Application forms and further details: Available to download from www.tarporleyhigh.co.uk
Closing date: Monday 19 April 2021
Interview date: w/c 26 April 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory check supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Safeguarding Policies available at: http://www.tarporleyhigh.co.uk/Policies
TLR payment as stated above
Applying for the job
Please complete the Tarporley High School application form (available on our website), clearly indicating your details of previous employment, the types and the sizes of schools in which you have been employed, dates of employment and accounting for any breaks in employment, and the grade/class/level of qualifications cited.
Please write a letter of application no longer than 2 sides of A4, legible font size. You should outline your relevant achievements and address the following:
• Why you are applying for this post
• The skills and qualities you would bring to the role of Curriculum Leader – English at Tarporley High School & Sixth Form College
• Your ideas for leading the further development of an outstanding school
Please confirm your e-mail address as shortlisted candidates may receive an invitation to interview via e-mail. Please also ensure you include e-mail addresses for all your referees.
Thank you again for your interest in this post. Any queries you have should be directed to Pamela Zborowski (01829 732558) in the first place. We will do our best to help.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 19 April 2021
Interviews will take place: w/c 26 April 2021
Relevant Website Addresses:-
• Tarporley High School – www.tarporleyhigh.co.uk
• Ofsted Inspection Report – www.ofsted.gov.uk
• Cheshire West and Chester Council – www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful applicants will be expected to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure Barring Service.
More on how to apply