Curriculum Leader for Science
Required for September 2019, a full-time, permanent, well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher to lead our Science Department.
We have a well-equipped, successful, hard-working, friendly and collaborative Science Department and we are looking for the right person to lead and inspire them. Progress 8 scores for Science are excellent and the department benefits from new building, and refurbishment of existing provision, that took place in 2018. Students value and enjoy their Science lessons and behaviour is excellent – as it is in the school generally.
If you think that you might be that person, then we hope that you will apply.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Evidence of continuing and recent professional development relevant to the post
Knowledge and understanding
• Insight and understanding of the importance of an engaging, relevant and creative Science curriculum that inspires and motivates learners to make progress and achieve high standards.
• The knowledge and understanding of current theory and best practice in learning and teaching.
• Understanding of a diverse range of teaching and learning styles and techniques.
• Good understanding of the importance of culture and ethos and how this impacts on morale, high expectation and high standards.
• Good understanding of effective procedures for managing and promoting positive behaviour among pupils.
• Good understanding of the role of parents and the community in school improvement and how this can be practised and developed.
• Clear understanding of data analysis and the important impact this can have on achievement and attainment.
• the ability to support pupils/respond to parents through fluent and accurately spoken English
Essential skills and experience
• Experience of outstanding subject leadership.
• Proven ability to make a positive impact in leading a subject or area beyond own class and successfully developing staff through leading INSET and CPD.
• Experience of carrying out appraisal of teaching and support staff
• Proven record of raising standards for all pupils.
• Experience of promoting highly effective communications within and between teams and other stakeholders in the school community.
About Nunnery Wood High School
Welcome to Nunnery Wood High School. Nunnery Wood High School is an academy in Worcester, Worcestershire, England. It is a co-educational school and a Science Collage with about 1350 students on roll aged from 11 to 16. In 1983 following a restructuring of schools in Worcestershire the Nunnery Wood Secondary School was renamed Nunnery Wood High School. The school campus is located on the edge of Worcester, surrounded by some 15 acres (61,000 m2) of gardens and playing fields which it shares with the adjacent Sixth Form College. The school benefits from refurbished or purpose built extensions including facilities for Science, English, Music, Art & Design, Languages and ICT. The school’s sports centre has an all-weather outdoor pitch and athletics track.
- Spetchley Road, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR5 2LT
- Nunnery Wood High School website (opens in a new window)