Will consider full-time, part-time
Main Pay Scale
Our opportunity for you
We have a vacancy for a passionate and inspirational Teacher of Media to join our dedicated team. The successful candidate must also be able (or have the potential) to teach Media Studies at KS5. We are looking for someone who will share in our department approach to inspire all students and foster a love for the subject. You will be given the opportunity to teach Media Studies across a range of key stages and abilities and will be joining us at an exciting time in our development as we evolve towards a knowledge based mastery curriculum.
Hours: Full time or Part time
Start date: September 2021
Salary: Main pay scale
Closing Date: Friday 18 June 2021- 12:30pm
- A graduate, with qualified teacher status;
- A well-qualified teacher with the ability to teach Media to A Level.
- A strong teaching record or an outstanding newly or recently qualified teacher;
- Relevant qualifications (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the appointment;
- Excellent relationships with students and parents;
- Willingness to explore innovative and dynamic methods for teaching and learning;
- High levels of enthusiasm, ambition, energy, resilience and determination;
- Competent in the use of ICT both as an administrative tool and in teaching and learning.
The Curriculum Leader should ensure:
- Ensure that teaching, learning and assessment meets the needs of learners, impacting positively upon student attainment and achievement; that it fulfils as appropriate the demands and requirements of the published Academy curriculum maps, tutor guides and student guides, and external examination syllabuses.
- Provide overall direction for student learning within your remit, ensuring that provision is made for students of all abilities; that they are effectively taught and that learning and achievement are evident. Work with other staff in contributing to the total learning of students, including extension and enrichment activities.
- Follow the principles of the Academy's curriculum planning and development framework in preparing, delivering and developing, with others (staff and partners from industry and commerce), aspects of the curriculum.
- Set and maintain high standards, expectations and aspirations for both staff and students, ensuring that they are treated with dignity and respect and that they receive appropriate guidance, support and recognition.
- Ensure that the preparation, planning and delivery of the agreed English Department’s learning programmes, utilising flexible approaches to learning including the application of online learning.
- Ensure that appropriate, challenging attainment targets are set and used with all students and monitor their performance in terms of attainment, achievement (both quantifiable value added measures and broader qualitative achievements) and progress in respect of the outcomes from learning programmes and activities.
- Evaluate classes’ levels of attainment and achievement against both Academy targets and nationally recognised benchmarks.
- Monitor the quality and effectiveness of Assessment of Learning and Assessment for Learning, ensuring that the marking, assessment, recording and reporting processes are both effective and compliant with Academy policies.
- Ensure that Academy policies in relation to effective learning, student rewards and managing behaviour are successfully implemented to ensure that curriculum team members secure a well-ordered and disciplined teaching and learning environment.
- Operate as a learning tutor and, unless responsible for a Division of the Academy or other specified responsibilities, as a Personal Tutor.
- Ensure that learning methods are current and professional development is actively sought to further enhance pedagogy and practice, as well as subject knowledge.
- there is a clear sense of purpose, direction and leadership for the Learning Tutors in the delivery team;
- curriculum policy is appropriate and clearly reflects the mission of the Academy; audit and review of the student learning. Consequently, improvement plans must be prepared, implemented, monitored and evaluated including an indication of financial requirements;
- budget plans are properly prepared in line with Academy procedures;
- planning of student learning is of high quality and supports the subject curriculum policy.
- facilities and resources are used efficiently and effectively and that the delegated budget is used expeditiously;
- appropriate administrative procedures are in place to maintain accurate assessment records and that these reflect the Academy Assessment, Recording and Reporting policy and procedures;
- roles and responsibilities are delegated appropriately. Objectives are set which provide opportunity for the Media team to professionally develop;
- the Media team have adequate guidance and support in order to enable them to fulfil their roles and responsibilities and meet their objectives;
- professional development needs of team members are identified;
- there is appropriate monitoring and evaluation of the work of the individual and the team as a whole.
- that clear communication pathways and structures exist within the Media team, with other relevant teachers and leaders.
• A supportive, cohesive, exciting and vibrant working environment
• The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students and staff
• Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
• A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
Academy, ages 16 to 19
459 pupils enrolled
16 to 19
About Landau Forte Academy Tamworth Sixth Form
Landau Forte Academy QEMS joined the Charitable Trust in September 2011 and delivers education to 11-16 year olds. Sixth Form is a purpose-built establishment providing Level 3 courses, both Advanced BTEC, for whole of Tamworth beyond. The academies are located on shared campus, but operate from their own facilities, with having new bespoke, accommodation, which opened 2011, Sports Hall that 2013.