- To provide operational oversight of safeguarding ensuring the very best safeguarding practice is in place at Sybil Andrews Academy. (Please note the strategic responsibility for safeguarding remains with the DHT/DSL as a member of the SLT, this role will be managing day-to-day operational safeguarding)
- Undergo formal training to maintain the level of knowledge and skills required to carry out the role. This training should be updated at least every two years.
- To safeguard and protect the children, young people and staff of Sybil Andrews Academy
- To track, monitor, plan and deliver safeguarding training for all staff.
- To receive safeguarding referrals and coordinate a procedure which addresses and prioritises the needs of those affected by liaising with statutory agencies.
- To promote positive attitudes by students and families towards education and to ensure parents are aware of statutory responsibilities.
Our core aims and values are:
- Making a difference to the lives of young people
- Being a great place to work where colleagues are valued, supported and encouraged to grow
- A school which seeks to challenge itself
- A school which embraces creativity, innovation and change driven by all colleagues.
Unity Schools Partnership is committed to safer recruitment, equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
This job post has expired.