We are looking for a hardworking, ambitious and dynamic Deputy Director of Sport to be part of our successful faculty.
There is a great deal of collaborative working and sharing of good ideas about what works within secondary academies at Harris. The successful candidate will be joining a friendly and outward looking group where professional development and progression opportunities are second to none.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
- QTS (or equivalent) and a good undergraduate degree.
- Minimum of three years' teaching experience.
- Proven success in raising achievement across at least two key stages.
- Evidence of leading, supporting and managing others, both individuals and teams, ensuring high quality performance.
- High level of ICT skills and experience of how new technologies can be used to raise achievement.
- Recent experience of involvement in innovative curriculum development.
- Experience of presenting to a wide audience.
- Understanding of how whole Academy strategies can be used across the curriculum to raise standards.
- Evidence of continuous self-development and updated knowledge in the fields of teaching and learning and education management, particularly in the areas of responsibility for this post.
Harris Academy Wimbledon opened in September 2018. We are a brand new, co-educational 11-18 school for the High Path area. We currently have 900 students in year 7-11 and will open a 6th form in September 2023.
Harris Academy Wimbledon promotes high levels of academic achievement across the curriculum, encourages participation in extra-curricular opportunities and empowers students to make decisions wisely. The curriculum is rich, diverse and personalised ensuring every student achieves his or her true potential. Academic success goes hand-in hand with a rich variety of enrichment and extra-curricular activities; these help foster a spirit of aspiration, resilience and joy in learning.
Professional learning is at the heart of academy the academy, supporting all staff in their development. The academy has a growth mindset approach where industry and commitment are seen as cultural virtues. Development of resilience, self esteem, managing risks/consequences and the ability to work effectively together all form a key part of the pastoral provision.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
The purpose of your role will be:
- To deputise for the Director of Sport
- To be accountable for student progress and development throughout an agreed key stage/Sport specialism in the subject area including meeting student achievement targets which are agreed by the Principal and the Governing Body
- To assist the Director of Sport to ensure high standards of teaching and learning across the subject area through continuously, developing and enhancing the quality of teaching and learning
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in the agreed key stage, in accordance with the academy aims and policies, as determined by the Principal and Governing Body
- To ensure that all academy policies and procedures are implemented and applied consistently by all staff in the subject area
- To assist the Director of Sport to effectively and efficiently manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources across the subject area
- To assist the Director of Sport to take an active lead and responsibility for a year group in outdoor activity week
- To take a lead in the extra-curricular sport programme
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.