Deputy Head Teacher
Beechwood Primary School, Luton, Bedfordshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 14 to Lead Practitioners range 18, £56,579 to £61,808|
To work with the Head teacher to lead and support staff in all aspects of the management and organisation of the school.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To deputise for the Head teacher whenever necessary.
2. To be an exemplary teacher.
3. To carry out all responsibilities with due regard to equal
4. To share in the implementation and monitoring of the curriculum.
5. To undertake a range of administrative and organisational responsibilities to ensure the effective running of the school.
6. To play a major role in budget and development planning.
7. To support and maintain the aims and ethos of the school.
8. To undertake any professional duties reasonably requested by the Head teacher.
9. To exercise responsibility for ensuring fair and equal treatment of all employees and customers.
Duties to include some of the following (please note: some duties are allocated across the leadership team and reviewed annually to provide breadth of experience).
MORE SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
• curriculum co-ordinator roles
• safeguarding children
• staff selection
• PTA, Governors, external agencies
Essential educational requirements
Degree with teacher qualifications
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching across Primary range and an exemplar teaching practitioner and role model.
Experience of holding a leadership role.
We have an excellent record in supporting and developing staff skills including coaching, mentoring and carefully tailored CPD programmes. “Staff value the training they receive”- Ofsted 2019.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||853 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Beechwood Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
Linden Road, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 9RD