|Working pattern||Full-time only|
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Deputy Headteacher for our outstanding school.
Are you looking to join a leadership team that is committed to staff and pupils’ well-being, development and success?
At Archbishop Sumner Primary School, we are proud of our:
• lively, highly motivated pupils from diverse backgrounds
• excellent relationships with parents/carers, Governors and clergy staff
• inclusivity and high standards of attainment and behaviour
• diverse, creative and engaging curriculum
• opportunities for pupils to take part in a wide range of extra activities
• specialist staff in art, music and sport
• central London location
• “Excellent” – SIAMs inspection (2019)
• Gold Artsmark award (2020)
We are looking for:
• An outstanding teacher with senior leadership experience.
• An experienced subject leader with a proven record in school improvement.
• An aspirational practitioner, committed to excellence for all who makes learning inclusive, effective and has the ability to raise standards.
• A nurturing and approachable individual who will be supportive of the strong Christian ethos of our school.
• An organised and efficient communicator who can manage competing priorities and the logistics of a dynamic 2-form entry school.
• A trustworthy senior leader with relevant Safeguarding training who is committed to the safety of all members of the school community.
Visits to the school are highly recommended. We are happy to give interested candidates a safe, distanced tour of the school during the school day. We ask that face coverings are worn throughout.
Applying for the job
Please down load documents and return your completed application form to: email@example.com
- SDBE Head_Deputy Application form July 2018 (1).docx  0.05 MB
- Deputy Headteacher Job Descp 2020 Final.docx  0.02 MB
- DH Advert 2020 Gov.uk.doc  1.27 MB
|School type||Local authority maintained school, Church of England|
|School size||398 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Archbishop Sumner Church of England Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
|Contact phone number||02077352781|
About Archbishop Sumner Church of England Primary School
ABS is a creative, diverse and inclusive school in the heart of London. It is an incredibly dynamic and aspirational place for pupils to learn and flourish.
The educational progress, social development and safety of every pupil underpins all that we do. We are supported in our work by the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education and the North Lambeth Parish.
Alongside our commitment to the national curriculum, we offer our pupils an exciting range of learning opportunities and enrichment experiences, which develop the skills they will need to meet the challenges of the ever-changing world in which we live. Our teaching encourages discovery, exploration and questioning in stimulating and nurturing environments.
We are proud of our strong Christian vision and ethos. Our “Excellent” SIAMS status is testament to our commitment to developing our pupils' understanding of the Christian faith.
Our specialist teachers in Art, Music, Dance and PE ensure that ABS pupils receive the best quality of education in these areas. Our Girls’ and Boys’ Football Teams enjoy tremendous success in tournaments and our brass band and choir perform at a range of events and festivals in the community.
Mrs T Stagg
Arranging a visit to Archbishop Sumner Church of England Primary School
Please contact Hazel Thompson on: 020 7735 2781 option 3
Reedworth Street, London, SE11 4PH
Get a job alert for when similar jobs are listed