The Directors of Uffculme Academy Trust are seeking to appoint an experienced, dynamic and inspirational Deputy Headteacher for Axe Valley Academy, who can lead by example and inspire others whilst providing challenge and rigour within the school and across the Multi Academy Trust. In return we can offer wide ranging career development, excellent support and access to some of the best leaders in the South West.
This is an exciting opportunity for a leader who embodies our core values of excellence, perseverance, respect and care. We are seeking an individual who inspires confidence and trust, who builds exceptional relationships with staff, students and families and who wants to work in a school which is relentless in its pursuit of excellence and inclusive.
We are looking for a Deputy Head who:
· Is an outstanding leader with proven track record of school improvement,
· Has excellent and proven leadership expertise,
· Has expert knowledge of a secondary setting,
· Is committed to the ideals of comprehensive education and inclusive schools and
· Has ambitions for Headship and who is committed to realising these in the medium term.
Essential educational requirements
Good Honours Degree
Essential skills and experience
• Senior leadership in a secondary setting
• Leadership of the curriculum and line management of heads of department
• Effective working with governors
• Leading effective change and significant improvement within a secondary school setting
• Holding key leaders to account
• Working with data to identify key areas of improvement
• Effectively leading and motivating staff and students
• Effective engagement with parents
• Quality assuring teaching and learning
• Current thinking around National educational priorities including recent initiatives
• The new Ofsted Education Inspection Framework
• Keeping Children Safe in Education
• The SEND Code of Practice
· A supportive, friendly and caring work environment,
· A highly professional, talented, innovative and motivated teaching and support team who are committed to progression and change in order to further the development of the school,
· A supportive Trust who are keen to develop individuals at every stage of their career,
· Access to some of the best educational leaders in the South West,
· Automatic access to Benenden Health provider as part of the Trust's commitment to staff health and well-being.
About Axe Valley Academy
- Chard Street, Axminster, Devon, EX13 5EA
- Axe Valley Academy website (opens in a new window)