Deadline is tomorrow
Start date details
September 2023 (or sooner)
31 March 2023 at 9am
6 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0 FTE
- L19 - L22
What skills and experience we're looking for
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
- excellent interpersonal skills to lead, motivate and inspire both staff and students to reach the highest levels of achievement
- set of personal characteristics and ambitions which align with that of the Executive Headteacher, Head of School and Senior Leadership Team
- evidence of impact towards academy improvement through sustained work at senior leadership level
- evidence of planning for and involvement in whole academy quality assurance processes and inspection; including the effective use of data and self-evaluation
- the ability to operate at a strategic level with clear ideas for how our academy can continue to grow, thrive, and excel in the years ahead.
- the ability to work at phenomenal pace, managing strategic thinking in a fast-moving operational environment.
The successful candidate will demonstrate clear leadership, vision and the ability to develop strong and positive relationships with all colleagues across the academy and the wider Trust. You will have proven leadership experience in a school setting including quality assurance and will write the school’s SEF to monitor our work against our plans. You will be an excellent teacher. You will require passion, determination, resilience, humour, emotional intelligence and will demonstrate an ability for agile and strategic thinking. Importantly, it is a key expectation that you engage in wider research and reading, demonstrating a willingness& ability to reflect and continue to learn and of course to complete the work you set out to do to a high standard.
The successful candidate will match the pace, passion and drive of the Executive Headteacher, Head of School and the Trust in relentlessly driving academy improvement. You will demonstrate the ability to think deeply, to plan strategically and to act decisively. You will be an inspirational leader and role model who actively lives and breathes the values&expectations of the academy and Trust.
What the school offers its staff
- Excellent and positive student engagement in lessons supported by strong pastoral system
- An exceptional CPD programme which is research led, valuable and bespoke
- A growing school with incredible opportunities to develop, be promoted and take on further responsibility
- Allocated 16.7% for PPA per week for main scale teachers, giving more time for planning, preparation and assessment.
- Additional time is allocated for staff with a responsibility.
- A sensible approach to feedback based on a diet of whole class feedback, peer and self-assessment. No more marking for the sake of it.
- No implementation of gimmick teaching ideas, only evidence-based research that drives improvement and further innovation is adopted.
- A Staff Wellbeing group that regularly reviews our approach to workload and operates a wellbeing policy.
- All staff have access to counselling, mental health support, physio and virtual GPs.
- A highly experienced, visible, and supportive Senior and Middle Leadership Team
- A sensible approach to everything that we do, taking staff workload into consideration.
- Access to the Teachers Pension
Further details about the role
This post expects the successful candidate to safeguard the welfare of CYP and uphold your professional responsibility.
This role is based in the UK. Employment is conditional on confirmation of the right to work in the UK-either as a UK or Irish citizen, under the EU Settlement scheme or having secured any other relevant work visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, please consider carefully whether you meet the eligibility to apply.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Cockburn John Charles Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1147 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Cockburn John Charles Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Cockburn John Charles Academy is a member of the Cockburn Multi-academy Trust whose focus is on each individual, acknowledging both their rights and responsibilities. Teaching and Learning drives an ambitious curriculum that seeks to stretch and challenge all students through academic rigour. A strong care, support and guidance structure supports learning throughout the school. Through dedication and hard work our students will have a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment. We widen the aspirations of all students, to help them to reach destinations that are ambitious and fulfilling. We value the arts, both as part of the curriculum and as part of the school’s extensive enrichment and extra-curricular programme. We promote respect and good manners; these are fundamental to our school based on our shared Values and Expectations. We recognise the importance of each individual and the school’s place in the local community. We aim to promote lifelong learning by developing creative, independent and reflective learners. We believe in the equality of opportunity and in celebrating success for all. Arranging visit Contact 0113 4872800 location Old Run Road, Leeds, LS10 2JU. If candidates wish please contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Arranging a visit to Cockburn John Charles Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Director of School Improvement - Inclusion
Minerva Learning Trust
Stocksbridge, Sheffield, S36 1FD
Leeds East Academy
South Parkway, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS14 6TY
Creswick Lane, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S35 8NN
Assistant Director of School Improvement - Professional Development
Minerva Learning Trust
Stocksbridge, Sheffield, S36 1FD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leeds and West Yorkshire