- Early years
- Leadership 1 to 3: £50,167 - £52,313 per annum
Deputy Headteacher job summary
Contract: Permanent post, full time, 5 days a week (negotiable)
Salary Grade Range: Leadership 1 to 3
Actual Salary Range: £50,167 - £52,313 per annum
Start date: September 2022 or January 2023
The Headteacher and Governors at Kate Greenaway Nursery School seek to appoint a highly motivated and committed Deputy Headteacher to join our outstanding school.
Kate Greenaway is located at the heart of King’s Cross, a richly diverse area. We offer an all-year-round provision with government-funded and fee-paying places for children aged six months to 5 years. Our committed staff team are determined to give children the best start in life. We are proud of our quality provision and persistently enrich it with effective, evidence-based and innovative practices to achieve the best outcomes for our children.
The successful candidate will be a strong Early Years Practitioner, aspiring to work with the Leadership Team to lead and develop the education and care provision at Kate Greenaway. This role also includes responsibility as the Nursery School SENCO.
To join our vibrant Nursery School, you will need to have:
• Substantial experience of delivering the EYFS within the 0-5 age range;
• Completed the National SENCO Award (desirable);
• Ability to communicate effectively with parents, children and colleagues and have the confidence and the ability to lead a team;
• A minimum of two years of experience in a leadership role in an early years setting (preferable);
• Enthusiasm and commitment to the highest quality practice with children, combined with a positive and creative approach to managing change;
• A sound level of ICT competence within both the classroom and in administrative tasks, including managing budgets and rotas;
• A sense of humour is important.
You will also deputise for the Headteacher as necessary and will be one of the Designated Safeguarding Leads across the Nursery.
Visits are welcomed during the week commencing 27 June 2022. To arrange a visit please contact: Morvia Harriott (Business Manager) Morvia.firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 7527 4850.
If you are excited by this opportunity, please complete the application form online at: www.islington.gov.uk/jobs.
Closing date: midnight, Thursday 7 July 2022
Shortlisting: Friday 8 July 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 11 July 2022
SAFEGUARDING AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES Kate Greenaway Nursery School complies fully with the DfE Guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The post holder is expected to share this commitment and comply with all associated internal policies and procedures
Applying for the job
To apply for the role please visit http://jobs.islington.gov.uk/vacancy/4320603.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.