|Job role||Teacher, Leadership|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£48,808 - £58,856|
The Governing Board of Millfield Primary School is seeking to appoint an exceptional teacher to join the senior leadership team of our school as deputy head teacher. This post would initially have a full time teaching commitment of three days with the other two days being involved with leadership and management of the school.
This is an exciting time for Millfield Primary as we move forward and make the necessary changes to make our school the very best that it can be. We are committed to making our school a centre of excellence and are relentless about our drive for improvement.
In particular our new Deputy Head Teacher will have the responsibility for leading curriculum development, assessment / pupil progress and other key areas for school improvement with a focus on further raising our standards of achievement. They will be a Designated Safeguarding Lead and performance manage staff teams.
The successful candidate must:
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner with proven experience of delivering consistently good / outstanding lessons
• Be able to lead and take the initiative
• Be prepared to contribute to whole school improvement through demonstrating good teaching across the school
• Be able to contribute to developing the curriculum at our school
• Have proven success in securing good pupil progress and motivating children to learn
• Be able to take responsibility for leading and managing significant areas of the day to day life of the school
• See partnerships with parents / carers as an essential tool for raising achievement
Our school can offer:
• Enthusiastic children with excellent behaviour for learning
• High expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
• Supportive colleagues, parents and governors
• Opportunities for training and professional development
Applications are invited from all good and outstanding teachers with excellent references, proven success in the classroom and evidence of leadership and management impacting on whole school improvement.
Applying for the job
If you are interested in applying for this vital position at our school, please complete the application form and return it to school (preferably by email to email@example.com) along with a supporting letter detailing relevant experience, why you would be suitable for the post and how you would contribute to improving our school and making it an outstanding school in the future.
- Application form.doc  0.48 MB
- Millfield DHT Person specification_.pdf  0.07 MB
- Guidance Notes for Applicants (October 2019) (1).pdf  0.24 MB
- Recruitment Monitoring Form.doc  0.16 MB
- Millfield DHT advert Sep 2020.doc  0.04 MB
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||386 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Millfield Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Millfield Primary School
Millfield Primary School is a two form entry primary school that caters for pupils from EYFS to Year 6. Currently the school has 409 pupils on roll (September 2020).
The school is a mixture of buildings consisting of a main building (which has been significantly developed over time as the school has grown in size) and mobile classrooms which currently house six classes (two Y2, Y3 and Y4 classes).
The school is located in Fazeley which is on the outskirts of Tamworth. The school sits next to the Fazeley and Birmingham canal, and the two mills which used to rely on the canal for transport, are located close to the school as is St Paul's Church.
Arranging a visit to Millfield Primary School
Visits to the school are encouraged and appointments to tour the school on Wednesday 16th September and Thursday 17th September can be made through the school office.
Coleshill Street, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B78 3RQ