L5 to L9 £46,566 - £51,402
St Mary’s Catholic Academy are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Catholic Deputy Headteacher with excellent leadership and management skills to join our leadership team.
We are a warm, welcoming, family orientated one form entry Catholic Primary School located in the heart of Loughborough. Our school has amazing diversity with caring, spiritual, creative and dynamic pupils and staff.
“St Mary’s is a warm, welcoming, inclusive Catholic school. The community is cherished and the parish church plays a central role in the life of the school. Under the caring leadership of the newly appointed headteacher, the school is well-placed to build upon the strong foundations” DCI Inspection report June 2018
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising Catholic with a strong commitment to the ethos and Catholic life of the school
• Be an outstanding practitioner in KS1 or KS2.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, motivate and inspire all of our children and colleagues
• Have proven leadership skills and is a strategic thinker, with a vision to introduce new ideas along with the ability to identify and sustain long term improvement
• Be committed to the further development of the partnership with the parish, parents, and the wider community
• Well behaved, positive and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
• Professional dedicated teaching and support staff who are willing to undertake continuous professional development
• A supportive Governing Body that possesses a clear vision for the future of the school
• Close working relationships with parents, the parish and partner schools within the St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust
• An exciting opportunity to make a real difference
We welcome video calls to discuss the role and may be able to arrange a visit to school if guidance allows. Please call 01509 212621 to arrange a call with the Headteacher Priscilla Jordan
Closing date for completed applications is 10 am Monday 17th May 2021 with Interviews being held shortly afterwards.
This is a reserved post which means that applicants must be practising Catholics.
Please consult the document produced by the Diocese of Nottingham ‘Catholic Schools and the Definition of a Practising Catholic’ go to
for further information.
The St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
3 days per week non teaching, 2 days in class
Applying for the job
To apply please visit the Trust website where you will find full details
https://www.aquinas-cmat.org/vacancies/leadership-primary-deputy-headteacher-st-marys-lougborough/ More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.