L16-21 (£61,166 - £69,031)
Plymouth CAST is seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to be based at St Boniface’s College and join the Senior and Executive Leadership Team working across Notre Dame Plymouth and St Boniface’s College.
The successful applicant for this post will:
• be a practicing Catholic, committed to upholding the Catholic ethos of the schools
• be a visionary leader, motivator, communicator and role model for staff and students
• be able to demonstrate successful leadership and management skills at a senior level which inspire respect and commitment and evidence previous success in delivering improvements and implementing & managing change
• be enthusiastic and have the ability to inspire staff to meet the academic and pastoral needs of our students
• be a talented and skilled communicator who can adapt and respond positively to the changing educational environment and be resilient to the demands of leadership
• use data to monitor progress, set targets, raise standards and challenge performance
• be a passionate teacher who leads by example and is committed to high expectations
• ensure that every student is valued and supported to achieve the very best that they can
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
• Professional, operational leadership at St Boniface’s College and strategic leadership within both the SLT and the Executive Leadership team across St Boniface’s College and Notre Dame developing and implementing policies.
• The specific remit and responsibilities will be confirmed on appointment and tailored to the strengths of the successful candidate, however the successful candidate will be the strategic lead on the following areas of whole school responsibility: behaviour, ethos, pastoral care and staff leadership and cross-school responsibility: Pupil Premium, or Spirituality.
• Leading and developing the pastoral life of St Boniface’s College to encourage student leadership, student aspiration and student voice. Leading and supporting staff to consistently implement effective strategies in respect of student behaviour and student wellbeing
• Parental engagement, maintaining excellent home-school relationships, representing the school and Plymouth CAST in public forums to promote applications for student admission to St Boniface’s College
• Demanding ambitious standards for students, instilling a strong sense of accountability in staff for the impact of their work on student outcomes and behaviour
As part of our Executive Leadership Team you will contribute to shaping the School Improvement Plan, policies and procedures and share responsibility for day-to-day management of our schools. You will also hold a teaching timetable of 14 - 18 hours per fortnight.
Academy, Roman Catholic
361 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About St Boniface's RC College
St Boniface's Catholic College is an all-boys, non-selective, Roman Catholic secondary school with a mixed sixth form (at Notre Dame) in Plymouth, serving students from the age of 11-16. The secondary school is situated in Devon. It belongs to the Catholic Diocese of Plymouth Multi-Academy Trust (CAST).
St Boniface's Catholic College works alongside our sister school, Notre Dame Plymouth. Leadership, Teaching and Support is shared across both schools.
St Boniface’s Catholic College opened in 1863, formerly known as St Boniface’s School for Boys.