L4 - L8 (Currently £45,434 - £50,151)
“Pupils enjoy coming to school; they are happy and feel safe. Pupils are encouraged to develop a positive work ethic. The school is a calm and welcoming environment."
Commencing in September 2021, the Directors of The Pope Francis Catholic Multi Academy Company (PFMAC), in partnership with the Governing Body of St John Fisher Catholic Primary school, are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Deputy Headteacher to support our Headteacher in leading this popular, vibrant faith school and nursery whilst imparting their knowledge, personality and passion for teaching upon our wonderful children.
The successful applicant must be a committed, practising Catholic who will promote and embody our Catholic ethos and be dedicated to leading an inclusive learning environment in which all members of the school community may fulfil their potential.
In addition to the subject responsibility for RE, this post comprises .50FTE teaching time.
We are looking for a person who will:
• Work alongside the Headteacher and Governing Body to develop and realise the school’s vision and strategic direction
• Assist in formulating the educational aims and objectives of the school and implement the policies through which they shall be achieved
• Promote the school’s Catholic ethos and mission statement
• Work with the Headteacher to provide a curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils
• In partnership with the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership Team, provide professional leadership and management of teaching and learning throughout the school
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and management skills and possesses the ability to motivate, lead, mentor and support colleagues
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations for achievement and behaviour
• Possess the ability to create an innovative and inspiring learning environment in which children are happy, engaged and challenged to thrive
• Be empathetic and appreciative of children’s emotional, educational and developmental needs
• Show a commitment to inclusion and success for all pupils
In return, we can offer you:
• Welcoming, enthusiastic and well behaved children who love their school and enjoy learning
• Dedicated, friendly and supportive staff
• A caring, inclusive, Catholic ethos
• Support for your professional development and well-being
• A close working partnership between the Church, parents and the local community
• Active governors who are committed to their roles as strategic leaders
St John Fisher Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to uphold this commitment.
Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory references and enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks.
Applying for the job
Prior to completing the CES Application form, please ensure you read the 'Notes to Applicants' document.
Please submit completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To arrange an informal discussion with the Headteacher, prospective candidates should contact the school by way of telephone or email.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.